Hillbilly x Fem!Shy!Reader

Start from the beginning

My heart began to pound against my chest as the sound of the chainsaw grew louder. It was in the distance earlier, but was now sprinting towards the old house. In haste, I tightened the last of Yoichi's bandages around his waist before standing to my feet. The young man followed suit, starting to feel better.

The Hillbilly bursted into the room, the saw in one hand and a sledgehammer in the other. I couldn't stop myself from letting out a horrific shriek. The killer looked at me almost affectionately, before snapping out of it and lifting his hammer up towards Yoichi. Before the Hillbilly could charge him with the weapon, I grabbed Yoichi by the wrist and yanked him out of the way. I tugged him along with me as we ran out of the house. Fresh blood began to seep out from his bandages but neither of us paid any mind to it. Yoichi definitely didn't, ripping his wrist out of my hand and running ahead of me like pain was nothing. I felt offended that he ditched, but I was also rather impressed that he could run that fast. Especially after nearly being cut in half with a chainsaw.

Instead of catching up with Yoichi, I spotted a locker against a brick wall. I sped over to it and leaped inside, slamming the doors shut over myself. I clamped my hands over my mouth as I tried not to hyperventilate. My heart wouldn't stop hammering, indicating to me that the Hillbilly was close. I peered through the slits of the locker, seeing only various bales of hay through the fog as well as a generator. Ada and I had repaired it earlier while poor Yoichi was getting attacked. The generator was pumping and booming with life, working effectively to our advantage.

My stomach twisted in knots as the Hillbilly stalked past the locker. I trembled in fear, watching as he approached the generator. He stared down at it, before looking side to side. It seemed as if he was making sure nobody was around. My brow furrowed, that was weird. What shocked me more though, was when he pulled out a flower from his pocket. My hands fell from my face, my jaw dropping to the floor.

The Hillbilly placed the flower on top of the generator before pulling out a folded up piece of paper. He gently set it down with a small sigh. He glanced at the gifts for a short moment, positioning them to look nice. He then bounded off as quick as he arrived, holding his noisy chainsaw out like a madman. As soon as he was gone, I slammed the locker doors open and practically threw myself towards the generator. I snatched up the note and unfolded it with shaky hands.

YOU MAKE ME HAPPY

I gasped. No way... it was the Hillbilly all along? Under his crabbed writing, the page also had a heart drawn with my name inside it. It made my cheeks heat up immensely. I felt so loved, so wanted. Was this why the Hillbilly never hurt me? How could I not of seen it before? I folded the paper back up and tucked it away with the others he had given me. I plucked the flower from the generator and carefully perched it on my ear. Hopefully he would like that. Speaking of which, I had to go find him!

I ran the same way he had, hoping to get somewhere. I jogged through the realm for a bit before being met with the infamous Thompson House. My heart began to pound again, telling me that the Hillbilly was close. I started towards the front door with a purposeful gait. I had to get to the bottom of this. Like, why me? What had I done to win over his affection?

I peeked my head through the door, my heart suddenly stopping as the Hillbilly stood by the stairs. His back was turned to me, the sledgehammer hung limply from his hand. It appeared as if he was deep in thought or something. Was he thinking about me? How I would react to his gifts? My mouth grew dry and my confidence was rapidly declining. I was such an idiot. What was I going to say to him? This was a terrible idea!

I gulped, slinking forward into the house. My shoes creaked under the old floorboards, causing the Hillbilly to whirl around. I jumped on the spot, biting back a scream. He made a surprised squeal at the sight of me, dropping his chainsaw and hammer to the floor. He fiddled with his hands while muttering to himself, not meeting my eyes. I watched him in amazement with the reddest blush imaginable along my cheeks.

"Um... hi," I squeaked.

The Hillbilly looked up at me eagerly. He appeared to be pleased with the flower nestled within my hair.

"I, uh... I saw... your note." I stammered. He continued to fidget, staring down at his boots in shame. "I've kept everything you've given me." I blurted out.

I gestured to the bloody flower crown around my wrist, and then pulled out the wooden heart from behind. The Hillbilly's glowing eyes widened, and then he took a cautious step forward. I did the exact same, showing him it was okay. He seemed to be really worried he was going to scare me off. Which was honestly heartwarming.

"I love them—the gifts. You're a very sweet man." I said shyly.

The Hillbilly rumbled out a deep purr, coming over and hesitantly lifting his hand towards my face. I flinched at first, but leaned in for him after. He shuttered in delight as he stroked my cheek gently. I closed my eyes and nestled into the palm of his hand. I brought up my own and held onto his wrist.

"What's your name?" I whispered.

The Hillbilly couldn't take his eyes off me. He gave me the most loving gaze with those white orbs of his. With his free hand, he pulled out another piece of paper from his pocket. I took it from him and unfolded it like all the others he had given me. This note featured my name once again, followed by, + MAX 4EVER.

"Max..." I uttered quietly.

Max purred, before he wrapped his arms around my body. I squeaked, feeling his toned chest pressed flush against my face. I didn't struggle, simply embracing him back. I didn't know why, but I couldn't help but be drawn in by this gentle giant. I needed to know his story, why he chose me. I couldn't wait to know him.

"Hello, Max." I smiled softly. "It's nice to meet you."