Ghost Face x Fem!Shy!Reader

Roseville, Florida, 1993

I sat on the couch, leaning forward with my eyes glued to the tv keenly. The news was on, showing a reporter out front of a grisly crime scene.

"The victim was found dead in her home with an estimate of over forty stab wounds in her chest and abdomen." The reporter said.

I grew nervous, anxiously fiddling with the hem of my shirt. This was most definitely not the first murder this town saw recently. This was just a new addition to the series of murders that had taken place here. The scariest part was that they all happened not too far from where I lived. And it was all because of one man. One man who was known as...

"The Ghost Face strikes again."

My front door creaked open then closed again. A shrill gasp left my lips as I jolted up in my seat. I tore myself from the couch as I heard heavy footsteps plod towards the living room. My body acted out on its own as I backed away, bumping up against the tv. The shadowed silhouette of a man soon stood in the doorway of the dark room.

I screamed in terror.

"Whoa! Hey, hey, hey!" He exclaimed.

My eyes were wide like saucers as I clutched my chest, feeling as if I was having a heart attack. I tried to calm my breathing. The man crept over to me, worry in his dark eyes.

It's not the Ghost Face. It's not the Ghost Face. You're fine. Everything's fine.

"It's just me!"

It was just Jed.

My boyfriend, Jed Olsen, set his hands on my shoulders.

"Hey, what's going on? Are you okay?" He asked.

I heaved, staring at him with pure dread on my face. Something flickered in his eyes at the expression. It was almost like a glint of delight.

"The Ghost Face—!" I blurted out.

Jed furrowed his brow, soon turning his attention to the tv behind me. It showed police and reporters at the poor girl who got butchered's house. The headline panned across the bottom of the screen, something almost prideful flickering again in Jed's eyes as he read it.

THE GHOST FACE: DEADLY AS EVER

"You scared me. I thought you were the—!" I clutched my heart again in another feeble attempt to steady my breathing.

"Hey," Jed stroked a strand of hair away from my face. "It's okay. He's not here, okay? He can't hurt you." He reassured gently.

"How do you know that? That murder was just three blocks away!" I squeaked in a shaky voice.

Jed's hand slipped away from my hair and onto my cheek, stroking it like a beloved child. I slowly but surely relaxed against his touch, legs still trembling in fear.

"Because I know. I promise I won't let anything happen to you. You're safe. I'll protect you." He smiled warmly.

It was sweet of Jed to say that, and I really liked him. But he was just a man, and the Ghost Face was a killer. So I was skeptic whether Jed could 'always protect me'. Plus, he was also the head journalist on the Ghost Face down at the gazette. What if he became a victim himself? The thought terrified me.

"Thank you, Jed."

I threw my arms around him shyly, resting my head on his shoulder to hide as I hugged him close. Jed pressed a tender kiss to my temple, wrapping his own arms around my waist.

"You're welcome, baby." I could hear the evil grin in his voice.

I closed my eyes and simply stood there against him, enjoying his company. Jed's arms held my waist closer protectively.