13

This story is just a fiction created from my imagination.

Appreciation goes to Halimachibauhal145 for the votes and comments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eliza wake up" Jessica whispered quietly, Eliza still feeling extremely tired rubbed her eyes and blinked carefully, she noticed people were screaming out in fright, what was going on.

"Wait what is going on ?" Even though Eliza was still sounding exhausted, she could feel anxiousness starting to sneak in, but Jessica seemed incredibly composed.

"I think we're under attack." Jessica whispered quietly again holding Eliza closer to her.

"Wait, what ? " Eliza was stunned, she just woke up from her sleep, it wasn't even day yet, how could this be happening.

"What are we s-t-ll do-ing here" Eliza stuttered, the situation was beyond frightening but Jessica only held her more close to her.

"Eliza, just remain calm, nothing is going to happen, we need to be quiet and cautious." Jessica said, Eliza had to admit this girl was brave.

"Bu-t shouldn't w-e still go outside." Eliza failed to talk without stuttering.

Jessica sent her a cold look and said, "No, Eliza, we can't move out until we know it's safe. What if the enemy sees us? Need I remind you...you can't use a gun now." Eliza wasn't upset since she understood Jessica's point of view.

After waiting inside the tent for almost five minutes, the troops eventually arrived at their location and said, "Everyone come out, it's safe now."

"Everyone come out, it's safe now." Commander June ordered

When the women did emerge, some of them wore a courageous masks but the majority of them looked scared.

"Commander, what is happening are we under attack."..

"Yea, are we in trouble."

Some of the ladies that were still able to communicate asked.

"Nothing too serious that I can assure you of civilians." In contrast to the female medical professionals who were already trembling, Commander June expressed that she didn't seem at all affected and instead came off as cool-headed and collected.

"But commander what was that loud noise, we all heard that." One of the ladies asked

"It's was a bomb." Commander June gave a direct, unhesitating response to the civilian's concerns.

"Wait what!!"

"Yes a bomb, an enemy operated a suicide mission in attempts to kill the general, but I can assure you all the general is safe...."

If the general's life was in danger, how could anyone be indifferent? These men were undoubtedly aware that their own lives were in danger.

"Commander Alex spotted the enemy just in time and got the general out from his tents and quickly alerted everyone close to the general." June informed the women.

"How did the enemy even arrive here aren't you soldiers supposed to guard this camp." One of the women in the crowd made her snarky comment.

Commander June swiftly silenced the impolite nurse by giving her a quick glance.

"Watch your tone civilian...." June directly gave her a warning to the lady  but still went ahead to answer the question.

"The adversary may occasionally send in a spy as well. For a while, it appeared like we had a spy among us, and the spy was aware of the location of the general's tent. Fortunately, the general remained unharmed." Commander June said.

Once again everyone got offended this people didn't care about their safety.

One woman boldly asked a question,
"But what about our safety, surely us under the medical profession needs to be safely secured." The woman asked a question that was on everyone's mind.

"That's is why the training is mandatory, have a night rest civilians tomorrow training begins" she finally let out her statement and left with her few soldiers alongside with her.

Jessica turned to Eliza, "Eliza if you still want to be here, them I'm afraid you will have to use a gun." She said seriously, Jessica wasn't the type to get all serious but if she was then this issue meant business, deep down Eliza knew she was right.

____________________________

"Commander Richard is failing, I need to be out  there on the battlefield" Alex demanded  standing while the rest sat, the general only seemed calm and it got Alex even more serious

"General, you need to send me out there, your life is at risk sir." ( If the general dies Alex is next to take charge)

"Are you going to give me orders now"  George asked him a question

"No sir, but commander Richard is obviously doing a lousy job, I'm sure just within a week we are going to be under attack if he is still leading our men" Alex said getting all worked up, June noticed how angry he was with this sudden attack, she always admired him with his fierce personality, most of the time he kept his people safe.

"The man has no f**king skills.."

"Watch your tone Alex" George gave him a warning, looking at him demanding some respect.

" My apologies general" Alex didn't understand why he should be apologizing when he should be out there fighting, he got even more furious at the thought of the spy possibly near at the medics camp.

He didn't know why he should even care but when saving the general and the rest,  his mind drifted quickly to that innocent faced nurse.

He knew that if the spy had wanted to kill them, the enemy wouldn't hesitate and what was worse, he wouldn't even be close to her  and save her, the very thought of it disturbed him greatly.

He needed to act fast and end this war but he just couldn't understand why the general wouldn't let him go.

"Alex and June did the both of you inform the medical specialists." He asked and both gave their answers.

"Good, now we need to train our men even more, they need to faster and stronger." He said and both listened attentively.

"Both of you need to train the civilians, they need to be able to defend themselves fast."

"Yes sir" June answered, the general turned his gaze on Alex but he kept silent for a few minutes, the general wouldn't dismiss them until he responded.

"Yes sir" Alex responded reluctantly

"Good, both of you are dismissed."

Alex didn't like how this meeting had ended but one thing for sure he was definitely not going to go easy on Eliza .

Thanks for reading
Please share

Don't forget to vote and comment

The comments keeps me motivated

Have a nice day.