5

It was difficult for Eliza to leave this place in the first place because of the heat and bugs that were bugging her the night before inside the clinic tent. The nurses were divided into two groups and slept in separate tents, so it was obvious that they were not on holiday.

some of the doctors and nurses were assigned for morning shift to begin their daily duties.

Her fellow nurse and sleeping partner was Jessica,  she was tall and really pretty Eliza was looking forward into knowing her new partner

Everyone appeared to have mentally prepared for the hardships they would face rather than be afraid at camp; some came for the high compensation, while others volunteered out of altruism.

Eliza noticed how completely fatigued the other physicians and nurses who had stayed overnight were as they left the hospital to get some rest. The following morning, at around 7:30, they woke up, had their baths, and changed into their uniforms.

"A whole lot of our troops came back from the battlefield severely injured." Jessica whispered to Eliza appearantly she had gotten the information from someone else

"Wow, we have a lot of work on our hands." Eliza answered back, and they briefly conversed as they got to know one another until Jessica bid her good night. However, Eliza's thoughts had been on someone else the entire night, so she had to ignore it before eventually nodding off to sleep.

And Jessica wasn't kidding the whole day everyone on the medical field got real busy,  even worst than before at the hospital.

Many troops had either lost an arm or a leg or had bullets lodged in various parts of their bodies; there was a lot of blood, and the medics had to keep giving their nurses instructions on what to do. This meant that the nurses had to clean the soldiers' bodies.

Doctor Joe was as serious as ever he kept on instructing Eliza to get water, to hold the bandages or help lift the patient off from the bed.

Eliza would constantly check up on a certain patient, giving him his breakfast and lunch on occasion. He looked to have experienced some sort of trauma because he would not stop talking nonsensically.

"How are you doing Daniel" she asked sweetly but he never did look at her he seemed to be on his own headspace.

"Lots of guns, fire fire, hide shoot kill, fire, guns run, hide- " Daniel uttered out his nonsense and Eliza couldn't help but sigh she sat close to him and began feeding him.

Jessica happened to be walking by with a bucket of water.

"I wonder what happened to him" Jessica said walking by and carried -on with whatever she was doing.

_______

"Alright you lazybones get   your guns out  now,  I need each and every one of you to fire on my command." He gave out his orders.

"Sir, yes sir ' they all replied in unison

But before he could say anything a young soldier that guards the hospital came over to him.

"Sir" he gave him a salute.

"At ease soldier"

"Sir, the general requested for your presence, sir"

Alex eyed the young man

"I've got the message you can carry on soldier."

"Thank you sir"

___

"Sir you requested for me" Alex got inside the tent with only this time the general alone was inside.

"Yes son, have a sit" he ushered him towards a chair infront of his desk.

Alex walked towards the chair and sat on it.

"We have new orders." The general said and Alex was curious to know what that could be, he was hoping perhaps finally he could go on to the battlefield and fight.

"and what will that be sir'

"We need to ensure that the medical field gets some combat skills." He said

"It was ordered by the vice president"

"Really the medics also need training." Alex asked he was surprised with what the vice President had ordered.

"Yes,  the reason is just mainly for their own defence, incase the enemy comes into this ground and attack."

"We are not going to let's that happen sir" Alex said sounding so sure.

"Still it's an order Alex and we need to follow orders no matter what."

Alex wasn't happy with this idea, sure they had been some male medical specialists but they were also some female among, they didn't even look strong enough.

Especially that girl he noticed yesterday, she looked weak he had never seen someone so fragile looking she also had this innocent face that irked him.

He was unable to stop staring at her. How on earth was a girl like her going to live here, and why was she even here in the first place? Only a day before, she appeared afraid of him.

He was giving her a challenge to see whether she could maintain his stare without breaking, and he understood exactly why. Now that she had failed terribly, how would she be able to carry a pistol and obey his orders without becoming afraid?

She was adorable and incredibly gorgeous, he had to admit, but she wasn't his type at all; he preferred women who were strong and independent, and he never got into a committed relationship.

He was more of a one night stand type of guy never attaching any of his emotions to any girl that's if he had any.

How was he going to train the soldiers and then the medical professionals.

"So when do you need me to train them." He asked quietly and the general was surprised he didn't go against his order.

"By tomorrow you are going to have to get seven best of your trained men or women."

"You will also have to make it mandatory for all of them at the training field by 1.,  all you have to do Alex is just teach them how to use a gun that's it,no funny business."  George gave him a clear warning.

"Consider it done sir, it's that all for today." Alex asked already looking bored.

"Yes, son you are dismissed."

Alex stood up and gave him a salute before leaving his tent.

Thanks for reading
Please do vote

Also leave a comment I'd like to know what you think.