⚠️Chapter thirteen

TW for suicide.

As Richie and Eddie were on their way to Richie's house, Mike ran to them in tears.

"Mike, what happened?" Eddie asks him. Mike takes a deep breath. "It's- It's Stanley!" He blurts out.

"What about him?" Richie asks. "He's dead! He's.. He's fucking dead!" Mike sobs. Richie's jaw dropped. Eddie had a fearful look.

"How did he die?" He asked Mike. "I-It looks like a suicide." He answered. "Oh. Did he leave a note?"

"I don't know, I-I didn't w-want to.." He sobbed, unable to finish his sentence. Eddie walked to Mike and hugged him.

Mike hugs him back, still sobbing. "I'll- I'll check for the note, if there is one." Richie says. "Thanks, Rich." Eddie says.

Richie nods and slowly walks to Stanley's house. Once he reached the porch, he gulped and slowly put his hand on the doorknob.

After a deep breath, he turns the knob and the door opens, creaking. He looked around before he entered the house.

Then he started to run. He ran to Stanley's room, which had the door open already. So far, he hadn't seen him yet.

"Alright, Stan, if this is a sick joke, this shit isn't funny." He yells. There's no answer. The house was pretty silent.

The silence disturbed him. He kept looking for Stanley, but he wasn't in his room. He checked the closet but he wasn't there either.

He left Stan's room and walked slowly to the bathroom, his heart racing. Before getting too close, he saw the door was opened.

He closed his eyes and walked into the bathroom. Then he opened his eyes slowly.

There, in the bathtub, laid Stanley Uris.

Richie gasped. There was blood in the water, and it seemed that his wrists were slit. He held his breath as tears formed in his eyes.

Now he looked for a suicide note. There was one in the sink, which felt weird to him. He picked it up and started reading it.

"To whoever reads this,

I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I can't handle this shit. I tried to seem happy around all of you. The stress of my family things and having to wake up every morning, trying to tell myself everything is fine stresses me the FUCK out. I'm done.

-Stan."

Richie folded the letter and put it in his pocket. His breaths were shaky. He looked at Stanley again, but quickly looked away.

"I'm sorry, Stan." He whispered. He ran out of the bathroom and then the house. He closed the front door behind him and ran back to Mike and Eddie.

Eddie was crying and Mike was still sobbing. "Hey, uhh. H-He did leave a note." Richie said, his voice kind of cracking. His eyes felt heavy because of the tears.

"Can you read it?" Eddie asked him. Richie took two deep breaths. He read aloud,

"To whoever reads this,