Chapter two

After a few minutes, everyone ate cake and Richie opened his presents. Everyone went home a few hours later.

"Alright, Richard, help clean up." Maggie said to her son. Richie nodded and started cleaning the wrapping paper on his bedroom floor. Then he went to the kitchen and started cleaning in there. He didn't do a lot in the kitchen since his mother was also cleaning.

Once finished, he walked back to his room and fell to his bed. He was tired, and today was kind of a long day for him.

Before the party started, his mom woke him up at 6:00 AM to help set things up. Wentworth helped a little bit too, but he was getting ready for work at the same time.

Halfway into setting up, Maggie lectured Richie for staying up late. He didn't have a lot of energy so she asked him why and he said it was because he stayed up late, so that's how she knew.

The lecture lasted for about 10 minutes and they continued to set up without saying a word to each other.

They finished setting up and Richie wanted to take a nap, but of course he can't do that so Maggie yelled at him to stay up.

She told him to do something that would keep him up, so he just hit stuff in the back yard with his bat, and those things were mostly wine bottles.

Somehow he was outside until 10:30 without getting bored, so he went inside. That's when the party started. The first person in was Eddie.

The whole time while it was just him and Eddie, Richie would keep thinking of things to say to him. He had feelings for him for a while, and he didn't really want to keep it a secret. At the same time, he did.

He thought he wouldn't be accepted, and that Eddie would think he was gross or weird. Or that the other Losers would think that.

There was a school dance coming up, so maybe he could ask Eddie to the dance and then tell him how he feels there.

Anyways, after a few minutes of thinking, Richie got up, put his shoes on, went outside, got on his bike, and made his way to the kissing bridge.

Once he got there, he quickly got off his bike and ran to where he had carved his initials with Eddie's. But someone was there.

That someone was Eddie. He was staring at the "R+E" that Richie carved. He had a shocked look on his face. And then he looked to his right.

Richie froze. "Hey, Eddie.. Uh. Lovely seeing you here." He said slowly. Eddie nodded. "Nice seeing you here too.."

No one spoke for about a minute. Only the sounds of birds and the wind was heard. "Did you do this?" Eddie asked Richie. "Please don't lie to me, by the way." Richie took a deep breath, pushed his glasses into place, and nodded.