Chapter four

(This chapter is at Eddie's house)

Eddie safely made it to his house. When he reached the driveway, he got off his bike quickly and ran inside.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, ma!" He said. Sonia ran to him. "Where were you?! Are you hurt?! Don't lie to me, Eddie!" She grabbed Eddie by the face and looked for scratches or anything else.

"Mommy, I'm fine, please stop touching me." He said. Sonia hugged him tightly. "I love you, Eddie-bear. You know that, right?" "Yes, momma. I love you too." Eddie sighed. Sonia finally let go after about a minute.

"Did you have fun with your friend today?" She asked. "Yeah. I had fun." "Did he like your gift?" "Mhm." "Why were you gone longer than you said you would be?" "Ma, I lost track of time. I'm going to my room. Love you."

Eddie ran to his room and closed the door behind him, then locking it. "Fuck." He ran his hands through his hair and took a deep breath.

He then walked to his dresser and opened the drawer at the bottom, which had his notebook in it. He grabbed it and he grabbed a pencil too. Then he sat on his bed and opened it to a fresh page.

He used this notebook to write about things that happened in his life, it was basically a diary. Every entry started with "Dear Diary" too. Eddie felt like it was weird to have a diary, but at the same time it just felt normal because he felt like he couldn't trust anyone with his feelings.

After thinking for a little bit, he started to write, first of course writing "Dear Diary". He wrote for a few minutes and put his pencil down to read what he wrote down. It read:

"Dear Diary,

Today was strangely a good day. I went to Richie's birthday party, everyone except for Ben was there. I had fun and I can tell everyone else did too. Richie seemed a little off to me for a while but I'm pretty sure he's ok, just maybe tired? I don't know. I didn't want to come home today because of my mom, so I decided to go to the kissing bridge. I don't know why I chose to go there out of all places I could've gone to. But I went there, and I saw that someone carved "R+E" on there. I stared at it for a little and I saw Richie out of the corner of my eye, so I looked at him and asked him if he carved that, and he did! I liked him for a while and it felt like I had butterflies in my stomach. I confessed to Richie about how much I liked him and we kissed. It was honestly a good kiss, I liked it. I'm not going to tell him that though, because I think it's weird. I honestly expected less from Richie. I'm not complaining though! I want to be his boyfriend. He sometimes makes me forget the things my mom does that I don't like. And even though he smells like shit, I feel comfortable around him. Now that I think of it, I always felt comfortable around him. I just want to be with him forever, and not have to deal with my mom. I can't wait to get older ♡"

After reading it, he thought, this shit looks weird. But he closed his notebook and put it away.

"Eddie! Dinner is ready!" Sonia yelled. "Coming!" Eddie yelled back, running to the dining room table and sitting down in one of the chairs.

Sonia put a plate of spaghetti in front of Eddie, and then she sat down across from him, putting a plate down in front of herself.

Eddie looked at his mom, who started to eat. Then he looked at his food. He picked his fork up and began to eat too.

Eventually, him and Sonia finished their food. Right as Eddie stood up to go to his room, the phone rang. He walked to it and picked it up, then putting the receiver near his ear. "Hello?"

"H-Hi, Eddie." Bill responds. "Hey Bill, why are you calling at this time?" Eddie said quietly.

"I'm j-j-just bored. Richie says he's b-busy, Stan's not answering, Ben i-is sleeping, and so is M-Mike. I don't want to bother B-Bev. So I'm calling y-you." Bill says. "Alright. I can't talk right now, Big Bill. My ma is gonna get upset with me for staying up. I can call you tomorrow." Eddie hung up and walked to his room.

When he got in his room, he closed the door behind him and walked to his dresser, grabbing a pair of pajamas. He took his regular clothes off and put his pajamas on. He put the clothes he wore during the day in the clothes hamper that was in the room, and got in his bed. He covered himself with his blanket and closed his eyes, falling asleep.