Forced Recovery

I stir from my sleep and immediately reach for my head which is throbbing with pain. "Honna," I hear Zuko's voice call in a hushed voice as he hurries to my side. I attempt to open my eyes but once the light pours in I wished I'd kept them closed. "What happened?" I ask groggy "Zhao knocked you out, you've been out only for a day," Zuko explains I nod slightly and attempt to sit up in my bed. "What are you doing? You need to lie down," Zuko tries to instruct and I scoff lightly "I've been lying down," I tell him as I look to the side to see my mirror and I am shocked by my own reflection. 

As if my burn wasn't bad enough the rest of the eye on that side was bruised from whatever I'd been hit with. "I should kill Zhao for this, I'm still a princess," I state lying back down and Zuko grumbles at the idea. "I'd kill him myself if I could," he states "we're heading into the market, do you need anything?" he asks me and I shake my head. He grabs a rag and dips it into a basin of water before ringing it lightly. He then comes up to me placing the rag across my forehead "I'll send the doctor in, don't leave this room," he instructs sternly.

"You'll want to take it easy for the next week or so Princess Honna. I'm leaving a pain-reducing tea for you to drink, but if anything gets worse come and find me," he instructs "thank you Dr.Jinshu," I tell him as he leaves my room. It wasn't long afterward that Zuko returns to my room. "We're going after the Avatar. We'll be leaving with a group of pirates," he begins to explain "okay give me a minute and I'll join you," I tell him readjusting to get out of my bed. 

"You're not going Honna, I'm taking the secondary ship. You need to stay here and rest," he tells me like I'm a disobedient child and I scoff "Don't talk to me like I'm a child!" I exclaim increasing the pounding in my head "then don't make ridiculous comments!" Zuko tells me his temper amping up along with mine. I glare at him "How dare you!" I shout at him rage fueling my every word "you selfish prince. Get out then!" I shout at him throwing one of my pillows at him. He catches the pillow in a seeing grasp before throwing it to the floor.

He storms out of the room, and I look down to the pillow seeing the dark ashy hand print. I stood from my bed angry I began to rummage through my dresser and get dressed for however long was left in my day. When I go to the door to exit my door I notice four of our guards standing at my door. "I'm sorry Princess Honna, Prince Zuko, left specific orders for us to keep you in your room," One of the guards explained, and I soon felt red hot angry spread through me. I could feel the temperature rise with my anger "I am your Princess! I demand you let me pass!" I shout making my head throb. "I'm sorry Princess, please return to your bed," the guard replied kindly, I furrowed my brows as I retreated back to bed. 

The guard shuts my door and I let out a growl of frustration. Although I typically have great emotional control, my fire bending surges from my fist leaving scorch marks on the floor beneath me.