Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

            “Yes, I’m just putting on a jacket. I am about to walk out the door Damon. I will be there soon.” Elena said into her phone as she did up her jacket. It had been hours since her dad had told her and Jeremy everything about the vampires and once Jeremy fell asleep Elena had called Damon. She figured he should know what the council knew about vampires and she wanted to thank him for last night.

            He had been there for her and made her feel better, so she had quickly written where she was going on a piece of paper in case her dad came home and got worried before getting ready to drive to his place.

            She listened to him as he yet again offered to come pick her up or just come to her place.

            “Too late Damon, I’m opening the door.”

            He sighed and told her that he would be waiting before hanging up. Elena opened the door and started to walk out but stopped when she saw a figure on the doorstep.

            “Anna.” She said.

            “Yup, can I come in?” She asked, “wait of course I can. I’ve been invited, I can come in whenever I want.”

            Before Anna could walk past her into the open house Elena stepped outside and slammed the door behind her, “look I don’t know what you want but stay away from Jeremy. He’s going through enough without you always being around threatening to kill him.”

            Anna rolled her eyes, “so you still have hard feelings about last night. Would it make a difference if I said I was sorry?”

            “Not even if you meant it.”

            “Listen I’m not here to kill your brother or even threaten to kill him. He just needs to make a little donation to the cause.”

            “And that cause is getting your mother out of the tomb right?” Elena asked.

            Anna nodded.

            “Why should you get your mother back when just last night you made sure that me and Jeremy would never see ours again?” Elena asked. Her father had said that it was a vampire who attacked them and she knew neither Stefan or Damon would do such a thing. The only vampire that she knew about who was left was Anna and judging by the guilty look on her face Elena was right. She had been the one to kill her parents.

            “Listen to me, I could snap your neck right now and not think twice about it so don’t try to play games with me. All I want is my mother out of the tomb, I made the choice that it would be the blood of a Gilbert that would wake her seeing as it was a Gilbert who stuck her in that tomb in the first place. However I promised the witch doing the spell no one innocent would die so his life is safe.” Anna said.

           “If you want to use Gilbert blood why don’t you use mine? I don’t want Jeremy to be a part of this.” Elena said.

            “Part of what?”

            While Elena had been talking Jeremy had silently opened the door only to hear the last bit of her statement. He was looking back and forth between his sister and Anna looking very confused.

            Anna smiled at Elena and said, “I think we should let Jeremy decide.”

            She walked right up to Jeremy so that there was barely any space between their bodies; she gently rested her hands on his chest and looked up at him eyes wide. Just like that she went from intimidating vampire chick to a normal teenage girl, Elena had to give it to her, she was one heck of an actress.