"My brother has been informing me every week and as expected, the King of Rughad is a stubborn and forbearing man. The Prince is trying his best to negotiate,"

"Should we not have someone more experienced to guide us during such times of hardship?" came a sharp voice from the crowd. "How can we leave our young nephews to handle everything?"

Haifa glared at Faris Ibn Al Khalifa, who was too busy giving the young King a smug look.

"What do you suggest then, Ammati?" Harun said, keeping a calm expression.

"Another king,"

Everyone gasped, turning to the man with bewildered looks.

"You dare to suggest such a thing?!" Thaina's father bellowed, leaping up from his seat. "Do you not fear for your life?"

"I risked my life for the sake of my family, for the sake of Balqaas!" Faris roared back.

"The previous king, Harun's father chose his son as his successor. You dare say that his choice was miscalculated?!"

"His father did not think of the consequences! Whilst his first wife cannot bear an heir, the king is to marry a woman of Rughad! Do you not think that their child will be a possible threat if he is the next in line?!"

The truth behind his uncle's words stunned Harun and everyone else in the room, including Haifa. Faris Ibn Al Khalifa was not wrong.

For the first time since he had been crowned, Harun began to doubt himself.

"Faris is right," Haifa heard one of the older aunts whisper and a few women nodded in agreement.

"The King of Rughad will have an advantage in grasping the throne for himself," muttered one of the Princes.

Haifa watched as the opinion of everyone slowly changed around her. Beside her, Thaina and Queen Humayra had their heads down, the Queen trying to comfort the Princess.

Faris Ibn Al Khalifa was trying to break the family apart. Haifa could have sworn she saw the corners of his mouth lift.

She couldn't let everyone be swayed by his words. Mustering up all her courage, Haifa leapt up from her seat, directing a glare at him.

"The Princess would have been able to bear a child if not for you!"

All eyes focused their attention on her and her face grew hot.

"Haifa!" Thaina whisper-shouted, tugging at the hem of her Kaftan.

"Are you suggesting I poisoned my niece?" Faris smirked, his eyes shooting Haifa a glare. "How do we know it wasn't that woman you kept under your protection? She could be working for the King of Rughad-"

"I can assure you that woman is not working for the King of Rughad. She was the one who caught the person who was poisoning the Princess, but before we could interrogate her, the woman took her life!" Haifa yelled, her voice shaking with anger.

"Well isn't that unfortunate?"

The way he mocked her, made Haifa's blood boil. However, she took a deep breath, hoping it would calm the fire in her veins. Her anger could ruin her chance.

Meanwhile, Harun could only stare at his sister-in-law in disbelief.

"Not only were you behind the Princess' poisoning, but you were behind the arrow that was fired on the day of the coronation and it was you who snuck the intruder into the Palace the day I and my husband were attacked!"

"Can you believe this woman dares to throw such accusations at me?"

"Well I wouldn't have if I did not have proof," Haifa retaliated, unfolding Junayd's letter in her hand, before turning to Harun. "Your Highness, this letter is proof that Faris Ibn Al Khalifa is behind the attacks on the Royal Family. His name is written on here along with how he has been planning a revolution for years!"