Chapter 14:The Tournament (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

Rei turned around and walked away putting her mask back on and leaving Endeavor frozen in the middle of the corridor, though once Rei had gone through one of Kurogiri's portals the temperature returned to normal and Endeavor quickly melted the ice encasing his body before running after Rei, but considering she wasn't in the stadium anymore he never found her, at the same time a partially recovered Izuku who only had one arm in a cast, the other wrapped in thick bandages and walking with a limp due to his leg, he also had All Might walking beside him thinking over what Recovery Girl had told them.

"All Might:Find a different way, huh..."

"Izuku:All Might."

The two stopped as Izuku spoke in with a hurt tone, not due to his injuries though, and as he spoke to All Might he never turned around to look at him, instead having his back turned to his idol and staring at the ground.

"Izuku:You originally became a teacher at U.A to find a successor, right?"

"All Might:Yeah."

"Izuku:Putting everything I had into the U.A sports festival, I could physically feel everyone's strong emotions of not wanting to give up, so I...."

"All Might:Think that someone else should be my successor?"

"Izuku:Yes."

"All Might:It's true that this place is filled with wonderful potential Heroes, One for All is the crystallisation of power, for those with quirks, for example if Young Todoroki were to inherit it, then with his super strength on top of his Half-Cold, Half-Hot, he would probably become a superhero."

"Izuku:Then-"

"All Might:But you know, I was quirkless too."

Izuku quickly turned around to face All Might after what he just heard, it was a big surprise to say the least.

"Izuku:Quirkless.....you were....."

"All Might:It wasn't as rare as for your generation, but it was still uncommon, my mentor had a quirk, but even so my mentor belived in me and gave One for All to me, and raised me to become a hero."

"Izuku:You never told me tha-"

"All Might:Because you never asked, even though I thought you would, at first, I saw the old me in you, but you have gone beyond what I imagined, time and time again, there is only something you can draw out, I believe that."

Even though Izuku was touched by All Might's words, the things his brother had said to him were still playing over and over again in his mind like a broken record.

"Izuku:But....what about my brother, he's right, if I don't stop I'll destroy my body, even Recovery Girl agreed with him, if I keep doing this I'll just hurt mom....."

"All Might:Listen kid, your brother was just.....having a moment, I know he means well and he's trying to keep you safe but you have to show him he doesn't need to keep protecting you from everything, if you keep practicing, keep training to get stronger, you'll prove him wrong and you won't hurt people, you'll save them."

Hearing everything All Might had said, Izuku got his smile back, he decided he wasn't going to give up now, he still had so much work to do if he wanted to become the next Symbol of Peace.

"All Might:Now then, the sports festival isn't over yet kid, make sure you watch to the end!"

"Izuku:Yeah!"

-(Y/N)'s POV-

After my match had ended I found a quite spot in the stands to watch the fights, alone, considering I was still in an extremely fragile state of mind right now I didn't want to be near anybody until I cleared my head, though the area didn't have any seats so I just leaned against the railing, right now it was Katsuki against Kirishima, they were trading blows and with Kirishima having the better defence he was currently winning, though I knew Katsuki would in a battle of attrition considering his explosions would eventually wear down Kirishima's armor, once that happened Katsuki would win.