Lilia Vanrouge x reader who took care of children in their old world

→ Request: Is it possible for you to write a small bit about Mc talking to Lilia Vanrouge about how they also took care of children at their old world too? But children who just need a little more help than others via low/no-income, some mentally challenged, health conditions, over all being caring for those who need it the most because others won't or can't.

And explain that they want to go back home for them but scared they won't be able to. And admits they may be willing to restart their life and help others if they can't go back home.

→ A/N: I have to confess, I didn't have a lot of ideas for this

→ Warnings:

→ Word Count: 255

→ Pronouns: They/Them

You stirred the tea with your spoon, the soft ringing breaking the comfortable silence between you and Lillia.

"So," you said after taking a sip, "how was your day?"

"Quite uneventful really," he responded while drinking his own tea. "Silver fell asleep in his classes again."

Your eyebrows pulled together, "I hope he didn't get in too much trouble."

"No, just a light scolding."

You stared at the cup in front of you.

"He actually reminds me of someone." You whispered. Lillia quirked an eyebrow in response, a small 'oh' escaping his lips.

"I used to work at a daycare," you started, "There was this boy, Sam, he came in after school and stayed until his parents picked him up." Lillia hummed in response. "He was always tired, and he used to fall asleep in his classes so he struggled with school a lot." You took another sip of the rooibos. "He wasn't the only one there that struggled , and I really miss those kids." You let out a small sigh. Lillia looked at you, with pity or compassion you couldn't tell.

"I couldn't imagine what it would be like if I was just taken from my children." Lillia confessed, staring into his own cup.

"If I can't go back," the thought alone made your throat tighten, "Then I'll try my best here."

"That's very kind of you," he said, "and I'll be happy to help if you need it."

You shot him a smile and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks for the offer."