imagine 2 - girlxboy

I tapped the end of my pencil against my face rapidly as I ran through the thoughts in my head of what the hell number one could be. I was in history and we of course had a test I didn't study for. I think it goes to show history is my worst subject, cause it seems those around me are already on number ten. I decided to say fuck it and just circled one to move on. I finally landed myself onto being stuck on number two, but any progress is good progress.
    A few minutes had passed and about five people had gotten up to turn in their tests. I was super stressed now as my leg tapping and fidgeting has worsened. I can't afford to fail this. I know I had gotten a few right as it's just common knowledge, but others I weren't sure about. I set my pencil down to give myself a mental break. I sighed and rested my head on my hands to break free from the blinding fluorescent lights. To be honest I could've broken into tears, this year has been so hard on me already and I'd really just like a break. Thank god it's Friday.
     I had finally managed to get myself to grab my pencil again and went on to the second to last question.
     "What did the Pope do to release tension from Portugal and Spain?"
     Another sigh escaped my lips as there's no way i could remember this one. I was about to circle a random answer when I heard a faint tap on my desk. I turned to see a wadded piece of notebook paper sitting at the corner of my desk. I grabbed it suspiciously and carefully looked around the room. Nobody was looking back at me, or made themselves noticeable to me. I started to make my way to the trash can deciding it was just more trash from the boys in the back of the room. As I was about to toss it a loud, obvious cough echoed through the room. I paused and turned, and so did the entire class, to look at one boy who was making eyes at me. C/n. Why would C/n give me the answers to a test? I've never talked to him. He's never talked to me. His type would want nothing to do with me!
    I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as he looked back down at his desk and apologized for the disruption. I slowly turned back towards the paper and carefully opened it, reading it's contents.
       1) a
      2) c
      3) d....
    The list went on and I smiled as I realized I didn't have to worry about another F. I quickly memorized the fifteen letters and speed-walked to my desk. I had gotten ten wrong... phew. With confidence I strutted to the back of the room and handed the teacher my test. After I had sat back down I looked back at C/n who was looking at me again, this time with a smirk on his handsome face.
     "Thank you," I mouthed. He nodded as a you're welcome.
     "Hallway!" He mouthed back. My heart dropped a bit as he said this. I have to talk to him now? I was not mentally prepared for this kind of interaction.
    I watched the clock tick slowly for ten minutes before I could finally go talk to C/n. He was already outside as I was gathering my stuff and maybe even sorting out an escape plan.
    Why do I put myself in these situations, I haven't even thought of a script in my head! I can't back out now though, this is my only chance to speak to him. What if it's a prank? All a dream!
    I finally zipped up my heavy bag and walked as confidently as I could outside of the room. There I saw C/n leaning against the door talking to one of his friends. I slowly approached and cleared my throat. He smiled as he saw me.
     "See you later man," he said to his friend. "What's up?" Not gonna lie I jumped a bit when he asked this. God I hate small talk.
     "Oh, uh, nothing much," I let out a nervous chuckle. "So... what's up with you?"
    "The usual," he replied, as if I knew what he meant. I finally cut to the chase.
    "Thanks for the answers by the way, totally would've failed that test."
     "It's no problem," he shot me a flashy smile. I could've melted then and there.
    "So what'd you want to talk to me about?" I shifted my weight from one foot to the other. God why can't I stop moving when I'm nervous. He flashed his perfect, white teeth again.
    "Oh yeah uh, I wondering if..." He trailed off as he started to look a little nervous too. A guy like him? Nervous? Over me? No way. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out some time?" He finally spat out. My eyes widened.
     "What? Really?" I asked flabbergasted. He sighed as he threw his blue gym bag over his shoulder and started to walk away.
    "It's a crazy idea. Sorry, I should go."
    "No wait!" I stood in front of him to stop him in his tracks. We both looked at each other with wide, nervous eyes as this is our first time ever really meeting. I never thought I'd see him like this, his sporty, confident boyish-ness just gone completely soft.
    "I'd love to." I said, almost in a whisper.
    "Really?" I couldn't help but smile at how hopeful he sounded.
    "Yeah!" I backed away from him to give him space.
    "Ok well, talk to you later then!" He said, he beamed at me again and started to excitedly jog to his next class.
     "Ok!" I laughed. "Bye!"

A/N
I feel like this chapter isn't as good, but I promise the good stuff is coming! This is my first time writing in a few months haha. Also I've decided I'm going to leave the genders at the title of the chapter. As much as I appreciate gender neutral stuff it sort of prevents me from giving certain details of the characters that I'd like to add in if that makes sense. Hope y'all enjoyed this!

xoxo