Chapter 14 - Red Eyes

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Do you wanna help me pick out ingredients? I got some but I need some more to make a dish"

Toru asked politely to Asuna as Asuna replied "Sure, and I also came by to pick up some ingredients too.", Both of them walked down into the market as Kirito and I followed them. "So how are you doing Kirin?" Kirito asked, I looked at him and said to him "I'm doing pretty well, what about you?". "I'm doing fine, I'm just...losing my touch on being a solo player" Kirito said with a serious tone, I then asked him "Why's that?".

He took a deep breath in and a sigh, He then said "Well..It's Asuna, I...can't do things on my own without her now..". We kept walking as I said to him "I'm going to be honest, I think you and Asuna fit well.." as he turned his attention to me, I then explained to him "Asuna seems to have a soft spot for you, and that says a lot considering that she is the Yellow Flash now.".

Kirito looked down for a while, thinking a bit as he said "Yeah, maybe so" trying to accept that He needs Asuna now. "Speaking of Asuna, how's Toru?" Kirito said as I replied "She's doing fine, I recently found out she loves cooking" as Kirito chuckled a bit. "What, tell me man" I said as Kirito smiled saying "Well, it's funny to hear the fearsome Reaper having a soft side" as I smirked a bit. I began to chuckle as Kirito looked at me confused, I then said "Well it's funny to see that the Almighty Cold-Faced Black Swordsmen has a humorous side" as we both began to chuckle.

Toru and Asuna looked at us confused at why we're laughing, "Are you two alright? You two don't have the forced laugh effect on" Asuna questioned us as I replied "No, It's just between us. Right Kirito?" as he nodded. Toru walked up to me and got up close to my face saying "No secrets between us! Remember!!" as she pouted furiously, "alright alright, but it wasn't you who was asking Toru" I said to her.

Toru then pulled me by the ear as I was in both emotional and physical pain "OW OW OW!! TORU OW!!" I shouted out in pain as Toru said "Remember who's in charge of this relationship!!". Kirito chuckled a bit as Asuna gave him a serious look. He looked at Asuna a bit worried saying "Y-You're not gonna do that to me... Right?" as Asuna gave a sinister smirk to him, eventually dragging him along by dragging him by his feet. Asuna caught up to Toru as I looked at Kirito and Kirito looked at me, both in pain.

By the end of the day we were at a restaurant, sitting at a table that we all were at. Kirito and Asuna were on one side while Toru and I were on the other. Asuna and Toru were talking about their day as Kirito and I were eating the Chef's choice platter THEY ordered. Kirito looked around quickly as I looked at him confused, he then opened up his menu and handed me a map. I looked at the map as he whispered to me "Don't let Toru know, this is between us alright?" as I nodded, putting the map in my inventory.

We quickly went back to "acting normal" by eating and drinking, Toru and Asuna eventually got their food as they ate and we sat there waiting for them to finish. While we waited, Kirito and I were trying to flick field goals with a small napkin, but every time we flicked it, it would shoot off at a rocket's speed.

"Maybe we should try something heavier.." I told Kirito as he had an idea and pulled out a small metal ball. Kirito aimed it and flicked it, the ball had enough weight to fall as it flew into my (hand) field goal. "That works" I told him as he made his and I tried flicking it. We played for a while before the girls finished eating their food and paying for the food. When we walked out of the restaurant, Asuna spotted a person walking as she shouted "Mito!".

I turned my head to where she was shouting as the person had stopped to look over, we all looked and we saw it was Mito. Asuna waved as Mito walked over to us, Kirito and I were surprised to see Mito as Toru walked over to her. Mito looked over to Toru, asking Asuna "Who's this?" as Asuna replied "Oh her! This is Toru, my friend". Toru waved smiling as Mito spoke to Asuna in Japanese "Oh, Then what about mr.Showoff over there?" as Kirito replied "I'm not a showoff!!" almost immediately.