Chapter 4 - Beaters

WARNING

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS HEAVY USAGE OF CURSING, THANK YOU FOR READING THIS BEFORE READING

Another day had passed since I had met Toru. She's a really confident girl that has skills that normally people wouldn't see in a girl. I see her as a good party companion as it would make my life easier to have someone to be by.

Well... Besides Sato of course, I invited her out to a dungeon as I was waiting beside the entrance, sending her my coordinates to where the dungeon was. "Oh you are here!" A voice said as she fell out from behind a bush. I looked at her and held back a chuckle, saying to her "Can you not trip as much, it's a bit funny.." as I turned my attention away from her. I heard her snicker a bit before getting up and fixing her waist holster, I looked at her waist holster and looked at mine, seeing that my sword was also holstered at the waist.

"Is there a way to change the strap..?"

I thought as she tapped my shoulder, saying "I'll be going first" as she smiled and walked down into the dungeon depths, I took some time to process what she said and I quickly hurried in.

"Hey don't do that! I was supposed to go in first!!"

I shouted a bit as Toru said "Boys, they always think they go first" as my face turned a little red stuttering for the first time "W-well! Uh..." I said as my brain had completely shut down for a couple of seconds. "See, Told you!" She said with a smile and kept walking ahead, I gritted my teeth a bit in annoyance shouting "Alright Smartypants! List-" as she quickly turned around and stared up at me, right into my eyes as I quickly stopped in my words and in my sentence.

"What were you saying?"

Toru said with a bit of a break between her words as she noticed what she was doing and backed up a bit, clearing her throat. "C'mon let's go" she said with a smile again as we both began walking. The silence in the room began to grow as we're both in an awkward position for small talk. As we kept walking and hearing the sounds of our footsteps, I mustered up courage to start a conversation "Hey I-" as our sentence was cut off with a pinging sound and a Servant showing up from the ground. "Goddamn it!" I thought to myself as we both wielded our weapons as Toru's weapon of choice was rather unique, she carried a small knife with her but she also wore gloves that looked rather heavy for a person to wear, yet she wears it so casually.

Toru then raised up her arms in a kickboxer stance as It was the first time I've seen someone use a melee as their main weapon. She rushed in as the Servant swung down their sword, she was able to maneuver around the swing, using its second delay to pull up as to her advantage and threw a punch right at the side of the metallic armor it wore.

She smirked as the servant raised its sword again and prepared a heavy attack, I rushed in to block the attack with my sword, keeping the heavy attack at bay but struggling to keep it up for long. "If you're gonna hit it Toru... Do it now..!" I said as the weight of the attack began to weigh down, Toru took no time to hesitate as she went right for its leg joint and roundhouse kicked it, dropping the Servant to a knee. I managed to slip the heavy blade onto one side, slamming beside me as I swung at it's arm joint, dropping its health to yellow, Toru then ran around and began throwing punches the head of the Servant for a short while, getting some quick punches in and dropping it's health to red.

The Servant roared out as it did a wide swing horizontally, I jumped in Toru's way and blocked the swing but flinging both of us to a nearby pillar as Toru crashed in between me and the pillar, significantly dropping her health down and causing a concussion effect on her.

I stood up and looked at Toru as she didn't seem to be in fighting shape at the moment, I rushed in gripping my sword hard as I swung at the Servant in a bit of a rage, Gritting my teeth and using every skill except the Shrinestone Rune I have to get the upper hand on the servant. I took several swings at the servant dropping its health down to lower red as my health was also dropping near, but suddenly out of nowhere, Toru jumped in the way and sucker punched the Servant's jaw, killing it in the process but also falling to a knee. I then quickly walked over to catch her from falling down as she was huffing and puffing extremely heavily.