Chapter 24

~

"You called?" You said to the grey haired woman who was laying on the king sized bed, she was sitting up drinking tea.

"I called for all of you" The woman said as she placed down her tea, you walked to the bed and sat down. You placed your green hat on the bed.

"What did you call us for? I was doing better things" Your father said as he moved his hair behind his ear.

You had just gotten back from Volgograd, as soon as the jet landed, you got the news about your grandmothers sickness. You and the rest of the family got the call, you were all here. Nick, your grandfather, your father, your aunt and of course you.

"As you all know, I've been sick with Cancer for about three years now and it's not getting any better" Your grandmother said.

"Okay? You're telling us you are finally dying off you old woman?" You said to your grandmother who had a ugly look on her face.

"I guess so, I ain't got long to live. I got a few months" Your grandmother said as she got comfortable in her bed.

"A few months huh? Sad" Your aunt Lamia said to her mother, her mother soon looked over at her with a smile.

"As salty as ever" Your grandmother said as she laughed, but her laughs stopped as she started to cough. You grabbed some tissue off of the dresser and handed it to her, she took the tissue and wiped the blood near her lips.

"Could you...Could you all be excused except Y/N and Lamia please?" Your grandmother asked and everyone looked at you, you nodded and they all got up and left the room. The three of you were left alone.

"I don't really want to be here, make it fast and don't waste my time, unlike you I actually have to live my life" Your aunt said as she walked to a chair and sat down.

"I'm your mother!" Your grandmother said and your aunt soon stood up out of her chair, she glared at the sick woman laying in the bed.

"What mother?! What mother are you? You are no mother, you may be Diamonds mother but not mine" Your aunt said and you sighed.

"Grandma, I do wish you the best but I didn't come here to argue. Bye" You said as you grabbed your hat and walked to the door.

"You are nothing like her!" You heard a voice say and you stopped in your tracks, you turned around and looked at the woman.

"Excuse me?" You questioned the woman who was angry.

"You heard me! You are nothing like Diamond! She was a jewel, my jewel. You and this witch are  the same, you don't care for anyone but yourselves. I don't know why I called, all you will do is laugh in my face and leave!" Your grandmother said to you.

"When aunt Lamia had her first miscarriage all the way to her third you weren't there, when aunt Lamia lost her husband you weren't there. When my mother, your jewel died, you were in perfect health but still didn't come. Who are you to talk about anyone?" You said and your grandmother was silent, she was at a loss for words.

"Exactly, you were never there for Diamond. Her husband may have broken her heart but he cared more for her than you ever did. I ain't jealous of Diamond because I'd rather be free than be in a square room where I can't leave!" 

Your aunt said as she stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind her, you looked at the brown doors and soon were about to leave as well.

"Don't you dare leave!" Your grandmother said as she got out of the bed.

"Or what?" You said as you turned to look at the woman who could barely stand on her own.

"I know...I know what you've done, the sins you've committed. You have a child, you let a man overpower you. I cannot believe you aren't strong enough to fight back, the only thing you were strong enough to do was conceive that bastard child on your own without anyone to help" Your grandmother said to you.

Before she could say more, a hand connected with her wrinkled face. She yelped as she fell back and hit the hard floor. Everyone came in once they heard the noise.

"Y/N what are you-" You cut your father off by squatting down to your grandmother who was holding her cheek.

"I've committed my sins, but always reflect on yours first. You shame me for my wrong doings but don't shame yourself, so you can tell the whole world for all I care. Y/N Roseline Johnson has no shame, but I have pity. I have pity for you, hopefully the Cancer ends your miserable life, you miserable woman" You said as you walked past everyone, you knew you shouldn't have come.

~

You were sitting in your entertainment room, you sipped the wine in your glass as you looked out of the huge glass windows staring at the snow.

Larissa was asleep next to your chair, the dog lightly snored. Once you got home, you saw Yujiro napping on the couch so you went to the entertainment room. 

You set down the empty wine glass and soon grabbed a cigar, you placed it in your mouth and grabbed your lighter. You lit the cigar and took a huff of it.

"Could I have some?" You heard a voice, you turned your head and saw Yujiro standing there.

"Go right ahead, I'm not stopping you" You said as you passed a cigar to the man along with your lighter.

The both of you were silent as you watched the snow fall onto the ground, you stayed silent before Yujiro broke the silence.

"What happened?" Yujiro asked you.

"My grandmother did" You said.

"Well, tell me" Yujiro said as he looked over at you.

"She's dying, and she called me cause she wanted to see me. She begged and begged for me to acknowledge her and when I finally did, she ruined any chance she had with me" You said to Yujiro.

"So I assume you have no good relationship with her?" Yujiro said and you laughed.

"Never did never will. That woman is the definition of evil, she loved my mother and hated my aunt. My aunt Lamia is my mother's older sister, my grandmother was kicked out because of her being pregnant with my aunt. But my mother Diamond was her jewel and she adored her, she may have adored my mother but she doesn't adore me." You said to Yujiro.

"Hm, guess I can relate. You wonder why people act the way they do" Yujiro said.

"Yeah, I wonder why my grandmother can't be proud of her granddaughter. Y/N Johnson, the great Y/N Johnson can't even get love from her own grandmother, how great! Wow!" You said and started crying. 

"How much did you drink?" Yujiro asked and you looked over at the two empty wine bottles.

"Five" You said and Yujiro laughed.

"I see two drunkard" Yujiro said.

"Whatever, can't you just comfort your girlfriend" You said and Yujiro sighed before walking towards you, he picked you up and you hugged him.

"I love you" You said as you rubbed your head on his neck.

"Yeah you as well" Yujiro said as he carried you to your room.

~

.

.

.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

PEACE

~Q~