ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ - ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Start from the beginning

If their motive lay within the four walls of this beat-up van, she was doing a poor job of figuring out exactly what that was. Though, in the back of her mind, she wasn't all that worried. Part of her knew that she was about to be brought to members that just want to kill her and her twin, but most of her knew that her other brother was part of that team. While the idea of him being on her side in front of the people he works for was lost on her, she still knew that she would not die and that was enough for her.

And on top of that, there was the chance that she'd see Matteo again.

"Hey, stupid," the man in front of her snapped in her face, bringing her back.

She turned her head and narrowed her eyes at him as he brought the phone closer to her; it was on speaker. At the same time, he looped one of his fingers through her mouth bind and pulled it back down, giving her vocal freedom once more.

Almost instantly, she opened her mouth to scream; he didn't like that.

"I wouldn't," he mused, grabbing her chin, "The phone is muted, first of all, but I want you to see something before you make the brave decision to ruin everything, okay?"

Rayne yanked her head out of his grasp.

He just laughed and turned, reaching for another object.

"What is your name?" she tested.

"Why are you interested?" he grinned, facing her again.

"I'd like to know who kidnapped me."

"Names Demetri," he got even closer, "But I'll make sure you won't forget it."

"Wh—"

Fear dripped down her forehead as if it was makeshift sweat; his breathing amped up as he got closer and tipped his nose into her hairline, swallowing her whole with a single whiff. She screwed her eyes shut and turned her head to the side, accidentally letting out a noise of displeasure.

"There it is," he cooed, "Everyone has a breaking point."

Rayne kept her head turned away from him as he unmuted the phone and lifted it back up to his lips. He talked loudly and clearly, letting her hear every teasing word of how he was taunting her; he purposely turned the phone volume to its maximum so she could hear Rueben's reaction.

It was unsettling to realize how easily she fell apart for him, but she knew that blaming herself for her trauma responses was only going to make her deteriorate. It was not her fault that the person in front of her knew that she had a past of sexual assault; it was not her fault that her father was more than likely entangled with him while he was still alive, giving him the ins to what affects her.

That was made clear when he brushed her hair with his fingers, when he breathed heavily and hotly across her cheeks and in her ears, and when he ran the pads of his fingertips underneath the areas where the fabric of her clothing stopped.

"Just stop!" Rueben yelled from the other side, "What do you want? I'll do anything!"

"Anything, huh?" Demetri played, "Before we get there, let me ask your bride-to-be what she wants."

He pressed mute again and dropped the phone into his lap, ignoring the pleas and questions of concern that Rueben was still shouting into the receiver. Instead, he focused his attention on her; he dropped his hand from her face and handed her the object he reached for a few minutes ago.

Placing it in her lap, Rayne lifted her knees to keep it from sliding off with the movement of the van; they must be on a dirt road or a rocky one at least with all of the swaying motions.