Rhaenyra had got married? But surely the marriage was not to take place for a few days!

She didn't know whether to believe her aunt's word and so Aruna just got up from the table. "Excuse me, aunt. Uncle." She left the room and walked through the corridors of the Red Keep. She vaguely remembered the paths and where something was. At some point she met a guard, who took her to the princess's personal rooms.

Rhaenyra was also sitting at the breakfast table with her husband when Aruna burst into the room. She bowed to the two of them. "Princess Rhaenyra, Ser Laenor."

The princess stood up as the guard walked out and went to hug her old friend. "Aruna I am so glad to see you well!" Rhaenyra smiled warmly at her and stroked the dark haired girl's cheek. She was the first not to call her on her injury and Aruna was very grateful for that.

"I am glad to see you too. I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday" The light haired one led her visitor to a chair and then sat back in her seat.

"It hurts me that you are sorry for our marriage" Ser Laenor had addressed the word directly to Aruna and the girl's cheeks flushed. "I didn't mean it that way Ser La-"

"Already understood, Lady Aruna. Just a little joke in the morning" The only man in the room winked at her and smiled while drinking some of his tea. He seemed like a nice and funny man. "So it's true then... the marriage"

"Yes it was brought forward for understandable reasons" the girl with silver hair reported. A servant also brought Aruna dishes and poured her a cup of tea. Out of propriety, she took a sip. "There were only my father the king, the queen and Laenor's family present. We were married right in the chaos of the feast"

Aruna felt sorry for the two of them. It must have been a terrible feeling to say vows in that ambience. "I'm sorry to hear... Maybe you can make it up in a nicer place sometime?"

"A kind thought, thank you Lady Aruna for your kindness" Ser Laenor and Princess Rhaenyra ate their breakfast while Aruna enjoyed her second tea today. The two were good company and the two women got on as well as they did then.

At last the two of them could exchange stories without their letters being checked or anyone eavesdropping on them. It was not Ser Laenor Aruna was worried about. If Rhaenyra trusted him, then Aruna trusted him too.

Rhaenyra told her about her father's second marriage to their mutual friend Alicent. It was a difficult time then and Viserys was manipulated by his advisor and his right hand at the time. At least that's what Aruna thought from Rhaenyra's telling.

Around noon, the two women went for a walk in the gardens. With them were guides from the King's Guard, who walked at a distance behind them. "I am really glad you are here. It gives me strength Aruna"

The dark haired one was touched by her old friend's words and she hooked her arm with Rhaenyra's. "I have missed you so much. I hope you will grant me a few more days here?" Aruna had already been thinking about that. Would she have to leave King's Landing early now? After all, the wedding had been brought forward and the festive days had been cancelled.

"But of course what's the point of asking?" Rhaenyra squeezed her friend's arm and smiled at her. "I want you to stay with me as long as you like and if your family wants to leave I will think of something. I am the Heiress of the Iron Throne no one goes against my word."

Aruna had to laugh and looked at the girl gratefully. She liked the princess's manner. She was so direct and took advantage of her situation. Aruna knew she could learn a lot from Rhaenyra.

"So..." the silver-haired girl began, avoiding looking at Aruna. "Are you planning to marry?"

"If it is up to my house, then yes" Aruna swallowed hard before continuing. "And if it keeps me away from my Uncle Lian, then yes too. Right away. And maybe I will find a nice young man who will treat me well... Does Laenor have another brother?"