Epilogue

I'm Mei-Shan Lee. And ever since I've turned thirteen, life's been...a lot. People still talk about Pandapocolypse 2002.

The SkyDome was still under reconstruction, but was making quick progress.

-

Mom and I call it...growing pains.

Both heads were bowed over in prayer until a beeping noise went off. Ming's eyes flew open as she reached into her pocket and produced her own tamagotchi that Mei had named Ming Jr. and Y/n called MJ II. "This thing's hungry all the time," she sighed as she mashed a button. "Eat up, little one. Oh, you're so hungry. Munch, munch, munch..."

What? Mr. Gao had to put her panda in something. You should see Grandma's.

-

One of the other old ladies won at the card game she was playing with Wu. With a humph, she cradled the new pendant in the shape of a four. "So unlucky," she mumbled.

-

Walking out, they took in a deep breath, as they had done so many times before.

"You ready?" Mei asked.

Ming nodded with a look of determination. "Let's do this!"

They swung open the gates to the temple.

"Hello! Welcome to our temple!"

"What up, Toronto? Get in here!" Mei poofed into his panda form, the crowd cheering like crazy.

"Yes, come on in!"

And things are the temple have never been better.

"Omg, that looks so cute!" he complimented a preteen girl in glasses wearing ears, making her blush a little.

Jin led the first group into the temple. "Our temple is the oldest in Toronto. And the only one that's home to the Great Red Panda."

Ming, meanwhile, was checking out purchases of red panda merchandise, scribbling upward toward her goal to pay off the SkyDome, cringing a little when she saw how much she had left.

"Say 'bamboo leaves!' " Mei encouraged as he took a picture with a bunch of kids.

His friends, now including Tyler, came running in the temple. "Mei!" Y/n called excitedly with F/n quickly working his way up behind them to actually meet Mei's parents.

"Hey! Guys! Honey!"

"What's up?"

"Bring it in!"

They all did a bump and twiddled their fingers inside the circle.

"Ready to get your karaoke on?" Miriam asked, excited that he could now join.

"Totally." He turned back into a human boy, but with his ears and tail still intact. Y/n reached over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"And that's the only reason I still prefer you human," she giggled, causing Mei to blush.

"Eh, to each their own," Abby shrugged as F/n pushed past them.