Drawing Love

As he scribbled down his math homework, Mei hummed along to 4*Town. Using his ruler, he scraped the eraser shavings into the trash can before doodling on the side.

Squinting at the drawing, he mumbled, "Huh. Kinda looks like Devon." He sighed and placed his head in his hand as he mumbled to himself. "I don't see what N/n sees in him. He's not that cute. Besides...I could treat her better..." As he said this, he drew an arm, making a pronounced bicep. "Okay, his shoulders are, like, kinda nice." He sighed as he kept drawing. "His eyes are...fine."

When he was finished, he felt his heart skip a beat as he picked the paper up and looked at it with new eyes, the picture seemingly winking at him.

Robotic face, he grabbed the notebook, walked over to his bed, and rolled under. He slowly looked down as he drew with the pencil, giggling to himself before his drawings became more intense and rapid and -

"Mei-Mei."

He gasped, jumping out of his thoughts, accidentally hitting his head on the bed. "Ow! Ah!" He jumped up on his bed, leaning on his hand, but realized the notebook was peeking out.

"Do you want a snack?" Ming asked as she opened the door, holding a plate of food.

"Cool, great, thanks!"

'Don't look at the notebook. Don't look at the notebook. Don't look at the notebook. DON'T!'

He glanced down for a split second.

'NO!'

Ming looked to where his eyes were and walked over to pick it up. "Oh. Is this your homework?"

"Mom, don't."

She flipped it open, immediately looking at it in disgust. "Oh, my. What...what is...?"

"Do not..."

She kept flipping through it, looking ready to throw up. "Huh? What?"

"Mom."

"Oh! Oh. Huh? Ugh! Huh?!" She looked at her son in panic. "Mei-Mei! What is this?!" She flipped one a picture of Devon holding Mei in an adolescence yaoi shōjo anime art style, the wind in their hair.

"It's nothing. Just a boy. He's no one."

"A boy?! Who is he?! Did he do these things to you!"

He grabbed for the notebook. "No, Mom! It's just made up! It's not real!"

They both tugged on the notebook until it ripped into Ming's hands. She looked at it more calmly before her eyes went wide. "That hat...is that...the sketchy clerk from the Daisy Mart?!"

As she stormed off, Mei gasped, begging, "Mom, no!"

-

The tires screeched as they pulled into the Daisy Mart, Mei next to Ming, hyperventilating. "What are you doing?!" he asked panicky.

Wordlessly, Ming existed the car, her green heels clicking against the pavement as she marched into the convenient store, her son nervously following behind. "No, no, no, no, no, no!" he whispered.

Tyler was already in the store, laughing like the jerkhead he was with a bunch of other kids, [I may still have some hatred don't mind me -] until he saw Mei. "Oh, snap!" he chuckled.

"Mom, no!" he begged, but she was already at the counter, where Devon sat behind.

"You!" She pointed at him. Devon immediately fell back, startled by the woman suddenly yelling at him.

"Whoa!"

"What have you done to my Mei-Mei?!" she demanded. [What did you do...TO MY BULMA?!]