Chapter 1: A Eventful Summer Camp

It was a beautiful sunny day in Pallet Town, making it a perfect day to have a summer camp. This is an event camp that was open for children around the ages of five to eight years old.

The camp was to help many children learn the basics needed when traveling and bonding with Pokemon. All the children here were eager to start the next camp activity, which was going to be a Scavenger hunt.

The first child was a young boy, a tan skin-six-year-old boy with messy raven hair and brown eyes. His name is Ash Ketchum. He was a kind-hearted boy and energetic boy. He was also quite stubborn. He enjoys going on journeys, so he enjoys camp events like this. His dream is to be a Pokémon Master. When he turned ten years old, he was going to set out on a Pokémon journey and challenge all eight gyms leaders in Kanto and challenge the Pokémon League.

The second child was another six-year-old boy with fair skin and brown eyes, and medium-length brown hair that neatly parted and swept across his face. His name is Justin Ketchum, the older twin brother of Ash Ketchum. He enjoys keeping to himself most of the time, but like his twin, he can be kind and loves having fun, but he is less energetic about it. Like his brother, he dreams of becoming a Pokemon master.

There is then another boy who was slightly taller than Ash and Justin. He had spikey brown hair and brown eyes. His name is Gary Oak. His grandfather is the famous Pokémon researcher in the Kanto Region. His father is the current champion of the Kanto region and is considered to be one of the greatest trainers in the world. Because of that, Gary has grown to be quite arrogant and loves to show off in front of everyone. He and Ash have been rivals for a very long time. He plans to set out on his own  Pokémon journey and be the
greatest ever.

However, Gary wasn't the only rival that Ash had. There were two other boys; their names are Chase and Trace. The boy known as Chase was a peach skin boy with slightly spiky black hair and black eyes. At the same time, Trace has brown eyes and brown hair with some hair sticking up at the top.

Unlike Gary, these two boys are good friends with Ash and often play together. Both of these dreams were just like Ash's dream. They were going to become the most excellent trainers in the world.

There we also two girls that Ash was
close with for a long time. Their names are Elaine and Leaf Rose. Elaine had brown eyes and long brown curly hair that was usually tied into a ponytail. While Leaf had long chestnut hair that went down her back.

Leaf was a pretty athletic and energetic girl who enjoys to talk with new people and making friends. The same thing could be said for Elaine as well. She was a bubbly girl who liked to make friends. Because of that, both are very well-liked kids in Pallet Town. Both of them were great friends with Ash, and they enjoyed playing together. Leaf was even pretty close to Gary. While Elaine didn't really like being near Gary, she preferred the more quiet and more serious Justin over Gary, even if he sometimes came off a bit rude, telling people they should study more. However, both Leaf and Elaine didn't have the same goal as the boys. They were still unsure what they wanted to do on their journey.

While everyone else was excited, one girl didn't want to be at this camp. Her name is Jessica Murrow. She had Sapphire blue eyes and shoulder-length red hair and was wearing a blue bow headband. She was new to Pallet Town and moved from Celadon City orphanage a few weeks ago to leave with her father. Her father had sent her to the camp so she could make some friends. How she was pretty shy due to her past issue before her father's contact number was found. Because of that, she was hesitant to talk to the other kids. Leaf and Elaine had tried to talk to her, but she constantly lowered her face so nobody could look at her.

"Oh yeah, this will be easy. We all know that I'm going to win this thing," Gary said with an arrogant smirk on his face, which made all the kids look at him.