25 ; KIBA

It was officially new years day, the last day of December. I had been apart of Stray Kids now for half a year, and all was going well. I hadn't caused any major trouble so far, although I had walked out of a rude interview again last month. I was also contacted by a weird number a few times but since then it hadn't rang anymore.

Seungmin and I were in a secret relationship and had been since September. The only ones who knew were me and him, we decided not to tell the members because relationships in the KPOP industry can lead to the group disbanding or members getting fired. We decided the safest thing to do was to keep it to ourselves and try not to be to touchy with each other in videos.

We had been happy and strong in the last 4 months together, and I was probably the happiest I've ever been. Seungmin was the source of my inspiration a lot these days, and recently I finished and published the solo album of mine which I wrote when I was down about the relationship.

Lost In Blatant Homophobia {the short title} had been received very well considering it was a kind of 2nd coming out story, and it was obviously about homophobia I had experienced and how I dealt with it. One of the songs went viral and quickly reached 30 million streams on Spotify in the first month of it being out which I was super pleased about. A lot of the JYP staff weren't sure about it but I knew it would be well received in the back of my mind considering my solo audience was majority western.

To celebrate my happiness, I also wrote a second solo album with only 6 songs on but they were a switch around in emotions and my own views of love.

Much like today, a lot of my days had been spent in the studio with 3Racha coming up with more songs. After the new year, and when the Christmas celebrations were over, we were coming back with a new song called Back door. I was really excited for this one as Chan let me help produce it, as well as write it and I was glad to get more involved.

A lot of Stays noticed that I was a big part of writing and producing and made it official that I was the +1 of 3Racha. I was often referred to as the '2nd ACE' because I was apart of all 3 subunits in different songs like Han and I was happy with the acknowledgement from Stays. A news article had been released before Christmas about 4th Gen Titles and I was surprised to find that my '4th Gen title' was indeed 'Troublemaker'. It had become like a trademark of mine.

"Okay, Back Door. I think Felix should end it with the adlib we were talking about." Chan said as the rest of 3Racha plus myself sat on the sofa behind him.

"Oh yeah, the 'You wanna come in?'" I questioned and Chan nodded.

The rest of us agreed, and we pulled out Felix's vocals and put in the back of the song to finish it off. We listened to the song carefully all the way through, and celebrated when it sounded super good. Chan was off to show JYP the song, and the rest of us were directed to a meeting with our manager.

"Hello Manager-nim." We greeted and he greeted back kindly.

"Are you guys ready for this year, busy schedule starting in January." Our manager announced and I was excited for the new year with Stray Kids.

"Yep, we're ready. Working hard pays off in the end and we're excited to do more for Stay." Changbin hyung replied, and I nodded.

"Yes of course, so starting in January, we're going to be starting the SKZ-CODE project where it's like a series of videos and challenges and games for you guys to record for Stay's entertainment."

"OHHH YEAHHHH!" Han cheered and I laughed at Changbin trying to shh him although he wanted to join with the cheering.

"When does it start?" Changbin hyung asked as he typed it all down on his phone although it was literally our managers job to sort us out.

"The first video will be filmed on the 17th of Jan but I cant tell you the challenge yet, and then it will be published in early Feb." Manager-nim announced and we nodded along, we know these types of video take a while to film and edit.

"And?"

"We actually have something you guys might want to take part in as a group. A survival show?" 

I looked at Han and Changbin, I had never been apart of a survival show, my debut and audition weren't recorded because it was a small company. Han and Changbin looked causal but also nervous and deep in thought.

"Think about it when you get back home with the others but it's a great opportunity to put your talents out there more. I know IKON are taking part so far..."

IKON! I remember listening to IKON for the first time when I was like 17 and I was absolutely in love with Bobby and his style of rapping and how carefree he seemed. IKON sunbaenim were a huge part of inspiration for me when I was a trainee and it would be like a dream to see them perform live and for them to see me perform live.

"We'll talk about it Manager-nim." Changbin hyung said, "What's the survival show called?"

"Kingdom: Legendary War."

------

We were back at the dorms now - all of us. We were all sitting together in the sitting room and Chan was talking to us about the approval of back door. All we needed now was to finish the choreography for that and then the music video would be made for Stay.

"That's awesome, now what did you guys get from the meeting with manager-nim?" Felix asks and turns to the 3 of us sitting together.

"Oh um, first SKZ-CODE Episode is due to start filming on the 17th of Jan." Hannie said and the boys cheered, this was something we had been planning to start for a while so we were glad its happening.

"And... we a had survival show proposition." Changbin announced, and the cheers quietened down.

"It's called Kingdom: Legendary War, and IKON are taking part so I think we should to." I said with a innocent smile.

"YAH, We cant just take part because IKON sunbaenim are." Hyunjin laughed.

"Yeah we can." I shrugged and Chan laughed.

"Well, honestly we haven't been in a survival show as a group of 9 and its been almost 3 years. I'm down if you guys are, I think we could show ourselves off." Chan shrugged and most of the group agreed but it would have to be more thought about.

"Well, I think we still have time to decide but lets say for now we'll do it and if anyone changes their mind for some reason, we get the group together and talk about it." Lee Know said and everyone but myself nodded.

"But IKON sunbaenim." I whined, I would actually be devastated if I don't take this chance to meet them.

"Jagi, you like IKON?" Seungmin asked and I paused for a second at the pet name he called me out loud to everyone else.

"WOAH, YOU DATING?" Han screeched and I laughed to try and diffuse the tension which awkwardly came about.

"You call Minho Jagiya all the time?" Seungmin pointed out and Han fell quiet as the other began to laugh again.

"Alright you lot, off the bed." Chan said, knowing damn well he would be up till 3am.