Chapter 17

**"Cassie POV***

"Hey Cassie, what have you been doing with my son?" Ace's mum asked me.

I looked at her in the face, confused. I didn't know how to answer her question, since I wasn't even expecting such a question from her. Ace's mum has been very good to me since I started to work here in the mansion, she has shown me nothing but kindness, and it will be very ungrateful of me to pay her back evil for all the beautiful things she has been doing for me, even though I was beginning to fall in love with Ace, it wouldn't still stop me from being loyal to his mum.

"What do you mean but that ma'am?" I asked her, looking really confused, as I thought of the best answer to give to her.

She turned around the sitting room as she took her handbag from me. You had just gone downstairs to help her bring some of the things from her car.

"Well, you too have been in the house while I was away and you also attend the same school, so that's why I asked what you too have been doing, I mean how's the school works treating you both. I hope that Ace, my son, pays attention to the school work?" She said with a smile on her face

I was a bit relieved that it wasn't what I had in mind, I was really scared she might have found out about Ace and I, but I became relieved the moment I heard her speak about school and not my affairs with her son.

"Oh ma'am, the school hasn't been really easy on us,but we are trying our best to come out with the top grades," I replied.

"That's good to hear, you see, Ace is the one to take over the family's company, so his dad and I need him to study really hard and come out on top," she said. The smile on her face was gradually replaced with a look of worry as she spoke about Ace taking over the company. I guess Ace's parents must really be concerned about his activities .

I looked at her face with keen interest, I really missed being with my parents, someone that's genuinely worried about me and hopes that I also turn out great.

"So tell me Cassie, what has Ace been doing recently?  I hope he has been paying attention to his books?* Ace mum asked.

I couldn't bring myself to telling her all that has being happening in the house, her two sons wants to get me laid, how I have fucked Ace or even Ace going to the party, since I also went to the party with Ace.

"Nothing much ma'am, Ace attends his classes, your second son just got back so I'm still getting to know some of his activities and as for the twins they are doing really well," I replied, hoping that I have answered her question and she wouldn't come up with another difficult question.

"Okay, that's good to hear, just keep an eye on them all, that's why I employed you here," she said, walking to her room.

I was relieved, no more questions to answer. I walked into my own room, with missed feelings. I didn't want Ace's mum to feel betrayed because I was always feeling like I was doing something wrong, but I had to shove the thoughts in my head, since I wasn't doing anything wrong, it's never wrong to fall in love with someone. I'm now an adult and I shouldn't feel bad fucking any guy. But this time, it isn't just any guy, it was Ace, my boss's son, and the notorious fuckboy. I couldn't tell how I will be able to bring myself out of this entanglement with Ace, I can't help the fact that I have fallen in love with Ace, it's not my fault that I can't control the matters of my heart, my heart is already taken over by his charm and I wished I could help it.

I quickly went back into my room to avoid anyone noticing the look on my face, I am literally confused on the next thing to do, but I really hoped that my love and affair with Ace does not affect my job, because I so much loved this job and it has been sustaining me with my studies.

"I'm going to make you proud mum," I broke down in tears remembering everything that I have been through since my childhood, it has been really traumatizing but I have promised myself never to allow everything that I have been through to affect my life, I'm ready and determined to navigate through life experiences and I have promised myself that I'm going to come out strong in it.

"Focus, focus, Cassie," I kept repeating in my head. I checked the time and it was past 8:pm already. I needed to catch some sleep as we were reading and writing the last papers of our final exams. How time flies, soon I will be graduating from the university and I will face life all by myself.

I tried to sleep, but I couldn't sleep. I kept tossing it on the bed. I had to get up to go read for the exams. It's going to be final exams and I really wanted to come out too. I have practically spent all the money I made from my jobs on my education and I would want to have extra years.

***********

My eyes opened with a gentle tap in my body, I Opened my eyes quietly to see Ace standing by my bedside, I don't know how long he has been standing there.

"Hey Cassie, won't you be going to school today? Remember it's our final exams and we need to get there really quick," he said, looking concerned.

I checked the time and it was almost close to the time of the exams. I screamed in surprise as I sprang up from the bed in a hurry, it's obvious I had slept off while reading and I had to wake up really late. I quickly rushed to the bathroom to take a shower and and prepare for school.

"I will be waiting for you in the car," I heard Ace's voice, and then next I heard the sound of the door closing.

I had a very quick bath as I wouldn't want to take much time, I hurriedly wore a white t-shirt and a simple denim pants, used a clip to hold my hair and rushed out of the room.

Ace was waiting patiently for me in his car, I was late so I wasn't ready for drama. Otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to get into his car, after my discussion with his mum the previous night, I decided to give Ace some space and face my job.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked softly as I sat in his car.

"Doing what?" Ace asked, looking confused with my question.

"Never mind, let's go to school. We are running late already for the final papers," I replied, avoiding his gaze.

He kept looking at me from the corners of his eyes, he was obviously confused by my question, I kept mute all through the ride to the school. There was a little traffic grid along the road as people rushed to their respective job places. I was already getting frustrated with the traffic grid, the frustration was obvious in my face, while Ace maintained a straight face.

Finally we got to the school, Ace went to the car park to park his car. Students were going hastily to their respective exam hall for the exams while the exam officers spoke in ber los tune. I was glad that we were able to get to the school before the exam started. Ace and I walked into the lecture hall, I prayed silently for the exams to be an easy one since I didn't prepare so well for it.

The students were discussing with their friends in low tunes, the lecture hall was a very big room and everyone was well spaced, I looked up to the front seats and sighted Karen, she was trying to say something to me but I couldn't get what she was saying since I sat at the end of the class. She made gestures indicating my phone only then did I broughty phone out from my pocket to more than 15 missed calls from Karen. I didn't even know my phone had been ringing, I felt really sorry for missing her calls. She's the best friend in the whole world, I guess she must have been really worried when she didn't see the school in time. I would apologize to her when we are done with the exams since I couldn't get up from my seat to go to the front.

After some seconds a tall fair complexioned man in his early fifties walked into the exam room.

"Hello students,I'm Me Alexandria Delaroza and I'm the lead exam officer," he said, expressionlessly.