Chapter 157 - End it with Fire

Start from the beginning

He gave a light smile.

"So…are you here alone?" he asked as he placed the shake cup upon the counter in front of me, "I get off in half an hour."

"Sorry," I told him, "But I'd rather spend time with my friends and enjoy this day. I don't have time for it, after all, I already have someone."

He blushed lightly, probably in embarrassment. I placed the bills for the drinks before turning away from him and walking off. I guess that's one of the parts of being a pretty teenage girl. Guys will always hit on you no matter what. It reminded me a little of Law little flirting when I was with the Samurai.

"You already have someone you say?" a familiar voice said from beside me, "It's the first I've heard about it."

I glanced at the voice that appeared beside me. I let my mouth drop as I was staring at my old friend Mui. He was wearing a shirt upon his form as well as shorts. He had this little smirk upon his face as he was staring at me. His long hair was falling upon his shoulder and I noticed that the bear he had the last time I saw him had been shaved.

"Mui," I said shocked, "How…What are you doing here?"

"I took over Jellal's place for today," he said with a light grin, "With what had happened earlier today with the Magic Council, he seems to have followed your advice to stay undercover."

"It's great to see you," I told him, "I'd hug you but my hands are a little busy at the moment."

"So I can see," Mui said staring at the drinks I was holding, "Your conversation back there…you said you already have someone. Where you just saying that so he could back off or were you serious?"

I stared at him in confusion.

"What does it matter?"

"Well," Mui said, crossing his arms, "Whoever the guy is, I can have a few choice words with him…"

I laughed at that.

"Oh stop it," I said, "If an asshole is going to try something…well, you know what I am capable of after what I did to the MPF today."

"Congratulation on that by the way," Mui said with a light nod, "I didn't know you have recovered your magic already."

I stayed silent for a few moments, thinking about it.

"It had been a recent development," I answered him, "But tell me Mui, why are you really here in this place? I doubt it's for the scenery."

Mui got a frown upon his face.

"I was following a trace of the magic you and Jellal sensed today," he said, "And it lead me here…while I am puzzled as to why, I don't think Zeref is one for crowds."

I frowned thinking back to the hooded figure I have seen.

"I really hope that you're right," I told him.

He gave me a pat on the back.

"Enjoy your night alright Eve," he said, "and I wish you luck on the Games tomorrow."

"We're going to need it," I told him.

The young man gave a small smile before walking away. I made my way back to Erza with a light smile upon my face. It had been nice to see Mui again after how our last meeting had gone well. I approached toward where I knew Erza was and I came to a stop, staring at the young woman lying down upon the bed like thing where I left her…

But she wasn't alone now.

The Blue Pegasus three-man were standing around her and I had to raise my eyebrow noticing how bandaged that Eve Telm was. I'm surprised they even let him out of the hospital.