𝐗𝐈. 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

《 •·✧ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐃 ✧·• 》ACT II     CHAPTER XI( nightmares )

ACT II     CHAPTER XI
( nightmares )

ANGELICA SPARROW WOULDN'T tell anyone her nights were plagued with eerie nightmares surrounding the vision. She wouldn't utter a word of the sort. Because truthfully, it frightened her. The wildest pirate in the Caribbean, was petrified of a mere dream. The blood red stone, the dark and dingy cave, the metallic liquid and ageing bones. She was terrified to say the least.

Of course Jack had noticed his daughters obvious paranoia. How she glanced over her shoulder every so often, or when she awoke in the middle of the night sweating. But Angelica was as much as a prided buffoon as Jack was a scallywag. And if there was one thing he knew, it was that his daughters ego was almost as big as his, and the girl would rather break a bone than break it.

Alongside her relentless nightmares, and the looming shadow clouding her mood every day for the past week. The two new crew mates that had been recently added only brought more stress. With Elizabeth's motherly nature, something Angelica was very unfamiliar with and otherwise appalled at. And William's heroic words of great value, the brunette was practically drowning in her own worries.

Though one thing she knew would always keep her mind at bay, was watching the sun set sat atop the crows nest. It was a blissful experience really, how the many colours blended into one, reflecting onto the waters surface creating a beautiful pattern of life.

The simple idea, was what led to Angelica's body laid sprawled on the black base. Watching the beautiful orange haze shine from afar contently. With her mind blank, void of any distressing thoughts, Angelica could finally relax. For the first time in a whole week filled with nothing but utter chaos. The brunette could say she was at peace, even if it were for just a moment.

Taking a deep breath, Angelica inhaled the fumes of the salty sea water. Ignoring the rowdy chatter and disruptions bellow her, she reached to grasp his brown leather hat. Placing it calming atop her lap, the girl threw her head back in both relief and annoyance. Relief at the sudden wave of calmness her surroundings provided, and yet annoyance at her wondering mind.

Though as she let the thoughts slowly drift away, along with her crazed hair flying in every which direction. Angelica admired the oceans concept of beauty. How in a physical sense it was nothing short of clear liquid, but internally, was just another word for freedom. A natural spirit of careless actions.

In a way, the water in which they rocked back and forth in reminded her of herself. Of course, only when she was 'Angelica Sparrow' that is, but still did regardless. Angelica, alike the beautiful ocean was unpredictable, wild and free. Never restrained and never controlled. Although that was where the similarities ended. The brunette, while the sea did not fear, she did. While the sea had no limit, she did. While the sea was carless, she was not. And for that, she envied it.