𝟬𝟬𝟱 home sweet home

five: home sweet homecobra kai — season 3, episode 4

cobra kai — season 3, episode 4

      USUALLY, SKYLAR WOULD BE FILLED WITH EXCITEMENT TO GO HOME. But the only thing she could think of was Miguel. The way he was still upset and doubtful that he could ever walk again made Skylar not want to go home. The redhead knew that he was going to be okay and that he would be admitted out soon, also the fact she would be visiting him every day. So, why was she so reluctant of leaving?

    Robert Williams, the fragile and kind man, saw the redhead zoning out. At first, the man thought it was a seizure and gave her space, but as more time went on he knew it wasn't a seizure, but rather something distracting the young girl, "what's wrong, dear?" He asked softly.

    Skylar glanced over to the man, seeing the wanting look on his face to know. Something about Robert always made him want to check up on everybody that he cared about. It influenced Skylar to become the same. Most of the time it was Skylar who was consoling herself through the feeling of being a burden, fighting off the intrusive thoughts she'd obtain when she took her medication or in everyday life. He was always there for the redhead, and Robert never forget to tell Skylar that he was in her corner.

    The teenager shrugged, peering away from his piercing eyes, "nothing. it's–just, Miguel. I'm worried for him, I guess. I know that he's going to be okay and I'm gonna come visit him. But, he doesn't know that. He's convinced that he'll never walk again and I don't know what to do to help him."

    In the tone of her voice and the way she spoke, Robert knew that Miguel had become such an important figure in her life so quickly. Maybe it was the fact that she never had a proper relationship with someone her age in years. But something about Miguel made her hopeful. The old man sighed, fighting back a snicker which the girl realised and frowned, asking, "what is it?"

    "I remember being your age," He replied, his eyes gently staring at Skylar whose frown deepened, "I was quite the lady's man back in my day," The redhead shook her head, a chuckle escaping as he continued, "but this one woman. She was the prettiest girl I had ever laid eyes on. I never believed in love at first sight, but there was something about her that was so attractive. She had the smile of an angel."