Aruna was used to dressing herself up, even now in King's Landing she did it. She had even been given a dress for the festivities, which was lying in her room when she arrived. It was a gift from the queen herself.

The golden fabric flattered the young woman's curves and she had never owned a more beautiful dress. It was tight at the top and the sleeves reached to her elbows, especially the open back was a real eye-catcher. Her long dark hair fell over her shoulders and covered her naked back, only a few strands were braided.

For some reason, her uncle Lian had always hated her and her brother, especially after the invitation, the mood between the three of them became worse and worse. Her uncle had only let her go to King's Landing in the hope that she wouldn't come back either. Married or dead, it didn't matter to him and wherever Aruna was, so was her brother Adrik.

The girl took a deep breath when there was a knock on her door and shortly afterwards her brother entered. "You look lovely, sister" Aruna smiled at her brother and eyed his robe which he had brought from Highgarden. It was in a light blue tone on which were golden roses. The clothes of the two matched very well. "I can only say that in return, brother," she answered him. "Does uncle send you?"

Adrik nodded and bowed his head a little. Jaro and his consort did their best and they were the most pleasant of all the family, but Adrik was suspicious by nature and did not trust them. "It's going to start soon. Many families are already waiting and Jaro does not want to be the last to enter."

The girl nodded her understanding and quickly put on her shoes to follow her brother. Her aunt and two cousins were already waiting outside her chambers. Without a word, the three of them left and the two siblings followed. Sighing, they exchanged a glance.

It took forever for the family to enter the hall, many other houses were there first. Their uncle had already been waiting there impatiently. No one said anything about Aruna's dress. There was no talking at all as they waited and the girl was glad about it.

"House Tyrell with Ser Jaro Tyrell, brother of Lord Lian Tyrell of Highgarden and Guardian of the South." Her uncle and aunt stepped forward and bowed to the king and princess. Beside them stood their children and behind them Aruna and Adrik. "We are honoured to be here again, especially under these conditions".

Princess Rhaenerya stood up with a smile, she had not stood up for any of the other guests. Only with difficulty could Aruna see her behind her family. "It is good to see you again Ser Jaro" the girl with silver hair replied. "Lady Aruna how beautiful you look tonight. I trust you have arrived well?"

Surprised to be addressed directly in front of all the people, the dark haired one stepped forward and bowed her head before answering the princess. "Thank you my Princess, everything is to my satisfaction. My congratulations on your engagement."

Aruna would have loved to speak to her alone and give her a hug. Rhaenerya looked even more beautiful than she remembered. Unfortunately, there was no sign of Alicent. Would she be unwell?

House Tyrell sat down at one of the long tables, not far from the royal family's table, and again there was silence. Other houses and families entered and addressed short words to the king and princess. Around them, the mood was already boisterous and wine was already flowing through the veins of many people.

The last to enter was the family of Rhaenerya's betrothed, Laenor Velaryon. The two made a handsome couple, but the young Tyrell was not convinced about the marriage. For a long time Rhaenerya had refused to marry and suddenly she was engaged to her cousin? That didn't sound right.

After cheers, the room suddenly went quiet, people stood up and started whispering quietly. The Tyrells stood up too and Aruna tried to see what was going on. At first she only saw silver hair and only when he stood directly in front of the king did she recognise him.