Chapter 8

The girls headed out in different directions as they entered the accommodation building from their recovery session in the recovery building. A handful of the girls wanted to head out to explore the sights of Brazil. As Alyssa Naeher packed her bag for an afternoon of exploring, she couldn't help but feel bad for Endler. She knew what it felt like not to know anyone going into a camp and it felt like hell.

"Hey Tiane, why don't you join me and some of the US girls? We were going to see if we could go to that giant man thingy."

"I think you mean Christ the Redeemer." Tiane laughed.

"See, we need you."

"Okay, I'm up for it. I don't have anything to do tonight."

They walked down the stairs, joining the group that was gathering in the lobby. Kelley O'Hara was chatting loudly with Sonnett as Horan and Sam Mewis talked.

"Where's your sister," Lindsey questioned Sam Mewis as they waited for the others to arrive in the lobby. She had begun to notice that Kristie seemed off.

"She didn't want to come," Sam Mewis replied blankly.

"Is she okay?"

Sam Mewis furrowed her eyebrows. She had no idea whether to be worried or let her sister be. What if something was actually wrong or what if it was nothing? "Yeah. I don't know what's up with her though. She seems more distracted these days and distant."

"You think something's wrong?"

"Yeah, but I don't know what. Maybe... never mind."

Upstairs in room 8, Leah scanned the array of shoes that she had brought, each laid out on the carpeted floor.

"Nice collection" came a voice from on top of the bed. Sam lay, scrolling through her phone with quick glances to admire her roommate's shoe collection.

Leah showed her the hoodie and trackies she planned on wearing as she gestured towards the shoes, "Which one?"

"Airforce 1s. Basic. Matches the white, and contrasts the black. They're comfortable as well," Sam Kerr replied.

Leah made an impressed look, "You surprise me. Never of pegged you as a fashion gal."

"I mean, I've seen your Instagram posts. You have style too."

"Thanks, I'll need more tips from you later though," Leah voiced walking out the door, her hand waving as she joined the commotion of girls who were leaving. Sam tapped her fingers on her phone rapidly, pressing send after send.

Sammy K: Kristie

Sammy K: KRISTIEEEEE

Kristie: what

Sammy K: we still on for this arvo

Kristie: what

Sammy K: don't tell me u forgot

Kristie: where did avocado come from

Sammy K: 🤦🏽‍♀️dont speak aussie to an American, noted

Sammy K: *afternoon

Kristie: oh. yeah we r

Sam quickly changed into black track pants with an oversized black tee and copied Leah with the white airforces. She quickly packed her shoulder bag with money, IDs and a portable charger. By that time, the building was quiet and most of the players had already left to explore the bustling sites of Brazil.

Next door, Magda packed a backpack filled with water, snacks and jackets. She was ready for an evening full of exploring. One of her favourite things to do with Pernille was exploring cities they had never been to together.

Training Hubजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें