- Twenty Eight -

"Hey, Gulf?"

"Yes, Mew?" I said, turning my head to the clearly adorable giant. We were in the library, me studying for the exams we were about to have while Mew was watching me like the creep he is.

"Which one do you prefer, Japan or New York?"

"Um... why?"

"Nothing, just wondering,"

"Um, I think Japan. I mean, when New York is indeed an amazing place, but it was too busy and big for my liking, it kind of gives me a restless vibe while Japan on the other side, gives me a somewhat comfortable but still exciting vibe. Both are busy, but the vibes make it different, you know,"

"Alright, it's settled then,"

"What is?" I confusedly ask, my head tilting to the side like a lost puppy.

"You and me, we're going to Japan."

"W-wait, what?"

"Remember when I mentioned something about you meeting my family?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You're meeting them in Japan,"

"Are you secretly Japanese or something?"

"No, I'm fully Thai, mind you. I just hold the meeting wherever I please and you seem to love Japan a lot, so why not hold it there?"

"What kind of meeting?"

"Just the royal family meeting," I sighed at him, internally face-palming that I forgot he was indeed a royal family, the vampire one at least.

"Er... right, I forgot you were a royal blood,"

"So, Japan then, you in?"

"Wait, does that mean the whole clan gonna be there?"

"No, not the whole at least, it's just gonna be my family and some colleagues." He shrugged as if it was nothing, before continuing his business with his phone.

"Your whole family then?"

"Err... yeah,"

"Fuck!"

"You okay?" Mew asked warily. He moved to the seat beside me and pulled me closer to his body.

"I uh... I don't know. I've never even met your parents but once I do, I also might see the whole fams, it's like multiplying the nerves!"

"You don't have to feel nervous though, I'm sure they'll love you. Because in my lifetime of being a vampire, this is gonna be the first time I ever bring someone to them and that's saying a lot,"

"Mew, they're vampires, for crying out loud!"

"And? So am I, and you're fine with me,"

"Mewwie, babe, that's because you act like you're normal, while them... I don't know what to expect moreover you ever said once that your parents are so bloody poshy and strict."

"They'll love you, I promise. I can guarantee you that. And if you're worried about being sucked by them, don't. They know better than to touch what's mine,"

"Fuck, fine. Tell me more about your fams,"

"You know my mama and papa. I uh... got two brothers who both are older than me. Thorn is married and Tharn is engaged. Probably my aunts and uncles gonna be there as well along with my nephew and uh... that's all I think,"

"How many colleagues are gonna be there?"

"Three I think, just the head of each family. I don't know, I forgot."