For You

Jennifer's P.O.V

It was movie night with the cocos. We always snuggled on the couch with a large supply of popcorn and sodas. It was the first we were having in August and for the first time, there were no fights over the movie we were gonna watch. We had just watched the first minutes before the intro when someone rang the bell.

"I'll be right back." I said standing up and giving Max the popcorn.

I walked barefoot to the hall, switched on the light and opened the door to find Ben holding a stack of pizza boxes.

"Someone ordered pizza?" He said holding them out.

"Actually... not." I said leaning on the threshold with a tender face.

"Surprise?" He said with a cute face.

"I thought you worked late today." I said in a low voice.

"I lied." He said shrugging with a lopsided smile.

"Pizza!" Max said rushing from the living room. "Hi, Ben!"

"Hey, Max." Ben said.

"Are those for us?" Emme asked.

"All for you." He answered as he handed them to her.

The two of them ran back into the living room.

"Thank you." I said grabbing his hands and pulling him inside.

I placed my hands on his chest to lean in for a kiss. As our lips met, my hands climbed to his face. The first kiss took to the second, the second to the third...

"You could've used your key." I said holding his arm as we walked.

"I thought It would be more special this way." He said with a coy smile.

"You're here. That's special." I said standing on tiptoe to kiss his cheek.

"What were you guys up to?" He asked them.

"We were watching a movie." Emme replied.

"Oh, sounds like a plan." He said gesturing with his hands in a funny way.

"It's movie night." I said.

"So this is like a private party..." He said. "Am I allowed to join? Should I leave?" He asked in a funny tone.

"You can stay." Max said distracted as he was more focused on the pizza.

"Food is the way you will always win him." I whispered.

"What were you watching?" He asked.

"Superman." Emme answered.

"Ouch." Ben said in a funny tone.

"Just kidding." She said and laughed.

"Okay, that was funny." He sighed pretending relief.

Tyson made his appearance after waking up from his third nap of the day, snuggling on Ben's lap as we continued with the movie. That so homely image touched my heart in a million ways. I could tell the kids felt comfortable around him, and he treated them like they were his own kids. It was the beginning of a beautiful bond.

On My Way To You || BENNIFERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें