Chapter 5

"Martha! Order's a cooked beef, fried eggs and fish, chicken with gravy and a pancake. Cook it up real good! Understand?", the middle-aged plump woman with brown hair said.

"Yes, ma'am!", the girl named Martha complied as she began cooking meals for the customers at an inn she's working on.

Martha wears a fitting village girl's attire with a white bandanna on her slightly shortened black hair and an apron around her waist. She also has red eyes, a slightly grown cleavage, and beautiful face that village men would swoon over her whenever they see her.

But her name isn't actually Martha. Her real name is Akame, the Owl's Sin of Vanity and the eighth member of the Seven Deadly Sins. Also known as 'Akame of the Demon Sword Murasame' and the 'Red-Eyed Killer Knight'.

Recently, Akame has aged quite a bit probably now in her 20s despite the poison of her Teigu, One-Cut Killer: Murasame slightly hampering her growth but still growing into a beautiful woman almost like every dream girl a guy could ask for in Britannia. Even her haircut that its length is now at the shoulders added that too.

The alias 'Martha' she took was taken after the woman of the same name who loved her as a daughter...and the first person Akame killed in her forced career as an Imperial Assassin even after the former was revealed to be a Revolutionary Army spy by Gozuki and confirmed it to be one herself when she tried to kill the Owl's Sin of Vanity during her time as a member of the Elite Seven. Still Akame regarded Martha as a mother she never had unlike her real parents who sold her and Kurome to slavery that led the sisters to become cold ruthless assassins and later enemies on opposing sides in the first place although felt deep sadness of killing her and now used the woman's name in honor and remembrance.

Currently, Akame has been using that name as her alias while working as the inn's cook at a village of Bernia for ten years ever since the legendary group of knights were betrayed and relentlessly hunted down by the Holy Knights and the group was disbanded with all of its members went into hiding.

After finished cooking the meals, Akame placed them on plates in an orderly fashion and gave it to her boss to serve it to the customers who ordered it.

"All done, ma'am!"

"Well done, Martha! You're such a hardworking woman. Perhaps, I'll double your pay.", the middle-aged woman complimented after serving the meals.

"I-it's nothing really, ma'am. Just doing my job.", 'Martha' stammered with a small blush.

The plump woman playfully scoffed. "Oh, don't be too modest Martha! Your cooking skills are great that everyone loves the food you made!"

The customers overhearing them, gave support too, applauding the black-haired girl much to her embarrassment.

After the commotion ended shortly and things went back to normal, the patrons of the inn resumed their chatting, drinking and feasting while 'Martha' returned to her cooking duties.

A tall drunken man with brown messy hair spoke, "Hey you heard about the recent raid on the supply depot near barracks last night about a week ago?"

"Yeah, heard stories from passing travelers saying that a lone person attacked that depot and killed all of its guards. No survivors.", the tanned colored man replied.

A short young man added. "Not to mention, all of their supplies are gone. Food, water, wine and other necessities. All taken away."

"And somehow they ended up in this village. Quite a blessing don't you think?", the other man said.

Akame overheard of their conversation and began to listen eavesdropping as she continued her cooking.

The other drunken lad said, "Yeah, thanks to that bastard Holy Knight hic! who plunged that hic! hic! cursed sword of his into our town's water supply, we're nearly done for if she hadn't given us the supplies we desperately needed to survive and last much longer-..."