BIG BAD

Haven pov

"So that's seven lemon cakes and two peanut butter cookies ready for you Mrs Clemens" I smiled and the middle aged lady that came in every morning to buy pastries for her sons.

"Thank you sweetheart heres a little something for Star and for you" she put an envelope in front of me.

"Oh Mrs--"

"Don't mention it just buy her a new dress for her birthday in a few weeks and you get something for yourself too, I won't be in town for a couple of weeks so I just want to make sure you and your siblings are ok" a tear ran down my cheek and I ran from behind the counter to hug her.

" thank you, thank you ,thank you"

" stay safe sweetheart" and she left, she was probably the only other person who cared about us.

"Hey haven your phones been going off I think you should take it" I wiped my tears quickly as reality kicked in.

I hurried to the back and grabbed my phone it was Rod...shit he called 3 times already and when he called again I didn't let any second pass till I picked up.

I couldn't even get a hello out till he cut me off his voice clearly laced with irritation.

"What happened to you need to always answer your damn phone!, get ready in 10 mins I'll be by to pick you up boss has a very important game tonight and you must be there understand?!"

"Ye--" he cut the call.

-----------------

"And will you call me to say goodnight?" Star asked as she watched me run around the Apartment packing her overnight bag as best as I can.

"Well sweetie i-i will try my best but you know I can't always make calls when im-"

"When you're around Big Bad" and she dropped her head right as I saw her eyes get glassy

I took her in my arms immediately and kissed her head

" I'm sorry I'll call you as soon as I can and if you are asleep by then I'll be right there when you get up tomorrow morning OK?" She looked up and nodded yes

"OK lets get you to Mrs jung now OK? Remember you're almost 10, you are a big girl now and that means I can trust you to protect me too, I love you" I kissed her forehead as I let her enter Mrs Jungs house my sweet old neighbour.

And just in time as Rod pulled up " get in we don't have all bloody night"i sighed and got in.

---------------
I looked around the bathroom I was directed to get ready in this place was huge and beautiful, what would Big Bad be doing here.

He was well off but just not enough for this place...it must be a very important night I guess.

I took out the dress and I was shocked a strapless he never let's me wear something that will show my arms.

I loved my body I was a curvy black woman with dark brown long curls and freckles basically all over my body I was beautiful I just was down on my luck.

I got ready as quickly as I could and waited in the kitchen along with the others just like me, with no right or say to thier own lives some loving it some as afraid as I was.

-----------------------------------
2 Weeks ago
DR. KADE ALLEN

I walked around the private balcony that shadowed the biggest club in the whole city.

"Sir there was a quick disturbance in section 4 and it was Krain" I closed my eyed in irritation of that name who let his good for nothing self in anyway.