I look at Scarlette, who just looks proud. I walk over to her while Madaline converses with Jackson about what we should do. She smiles as I stop in front of her, the reason unknown to me.

"You destroyed your car?"

She shrugs.

"I wouldn't say destroyed. More like, it's in a time-out until the shop fixes it back up. It's going to cost a fucking fortune when it's done, but it's about time my hellcat got an upgrade anyway," she says, the proud smile still taking over her features. I shake my head at her words, not surprised at all.

"What happened to it that it needed an 'upgrade'?"

"Street racing!" Jackson pipes back up, "totaled her car in the end, but still got first place. You should've been there, man, it was badass!"

My eyes never leave Scarlette, her proud smile now turning into nervousness. She scratches the back of her neck while looking anywhere but me.

I decide to leave the questions for later, since Madaline shouted out that we're going to an arcade. She immediately calls shotgun, but not before sending me a wink. I ignore her antics and get in the car. I scoot over, so Scarlette can get in, and put on my seatbelt.

Jackson closes his door, and puts his car in reverse. He never turned it off which means he didn't have to do the whole, put the key in the ignition and blah, blah, blah. He starts driving on the actual road, his bored expression gone, as something comes to mind.

"By the way, this is my car, so my rules, my music, my speed. We all agree?"

Madaline ignores him and goes to touch his radio. He smacks her hand away, starting an argument between the two. Scarlette laughs, her smile making deep dimples appear on her cheeks. I'm tempted to poke them, but refrain myself. Instead, I poke her arm to get her attention. She looks over at me, her head slightly tilting down to see my face, clearly.

"So...street racing?"

"Yeah, it was on Tuesday, and it was insane. People came to bet on ya girl, and that earned them and me some cash," she tells me everything that transpired that night, her smile not once leaving her mesmerizing face.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, her story ending with how she messed up her car while attempting to drift around a sharp corner.

"I'm good, although I didn't have my good luck charm with me," she says, smirking.

She probably meant her jacket, that I still have, but it still puts a small blush on my cheeks. I turn my head, so now I'm staring out the window. Scarlette just laughs and nudges my leg with hers, "Sorry, I forgot I make you nervous," she teases.

"Stop," I whine, covering my red face. She continues to laugh, but stops with all her teasing.

"If you two are done flirting," Jackson announces, "we're here."

I look to the front to see we are, in fact, here. Armadillo's Arcade is displayed on the front with huge, glowing, purple letters.

"No, I don't think I was," Scarlette says, getting out. She leaves the door open, so I can get out on the same side.

There are more cars pulling in, so I guess she didn't want me getting hit or something. I thank her, her mumbling 'welcome' before walking ahead with Jackson. Madaline stays behind with me and grabs my arm, tightly, while squealing. I look at her weirdly, wondering what all the commotion is about.