"Why so?"

"I always called him names and cursed here and there about his existence and now I love him, what the fuck?"

"Well... you can't choose who you fall for now, can you?" Mild said, giving me another 'duh' look.

"I know but... ughhh"

"'M telling you, dude; just follow your hearts. Do whatever it desires. Your mind and heart may not in the same page, but if you follow your mind, you'll end up torturing yourself furthermore."

"You're right..."

"I know I am, I'll support you no matter what, remember that Gulf"

"Yeah, of course, I'll always remember that! But anyway... how do I do it?"

"Do what?"

"Telling him,"

"About that, I don't know, dude. You know him better than all of us so I think you have to figure that out on your own,"

Figuring it out on my own?
I don't even know how to act on my feeling, moreover confessing them. Ugh, why is feeling so complicated? I hate feeling.

I was currently in Mew's car, having no other excuse to avoid him. He was beyond rigid that I ditched him during lunch, but I said that Mild need my help and I can't let my best friend suffer alone. I know it was actually the opposite, but whatever, he doesn't need to know that.

Mild's words keep ringing in my ear and my brain was working harder and harder to find the answer. It feels like I could hear the gear in my brain working hastily. My mind was everywhere, thinking about everything and nothing both at the same time. I don't know how's that possible, but that's what happen right now. I didn't even realise Mew was calling me, not until he pinched my cheek in between his fingers.

"Look at meee" did he just whine?

"What?"

"Stop zoning out, I told you that this morning!" The guy said sulkily. Why is he being so cute again?

"I know, I know, I'm sorry, I can't help it,"

"You're coming with me,"

"Wait what?"

"Yeah, I'm going to the shelter and you're coming with me,"

"Why should I?"

"You know, a kitten has to meet their colony every once in a while so they won't be a loner, and I think you keep zoning out like that because you miss your family" I slapped his arms harshly, shooting a dagger from my eyes as he chuckled at my weak attempt to hurt him.

"Stop being an asshole, will you?"

"Stop zoning out on me then,"

"Fine, whatever"

The rest of the ride was silent as I tried so hard to not zone out again just for the sake of Mew not being an asshole. He stopped the car in front of a blue building which I think was the shelter before he turned off the engine. Both of us get outta the car and I followed him timidly.

He greeted the lady with a big smile of his before engulfing her in a hug.

"Who's this cutie, sweetie?"

"His name is Gulf. Gulf, this is Mrs Twist, she's the owner of this shelter."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Twist," I said, extending my hand out awkwardly. She pulled me in a hug and embraced me tightly.