Ch 26: You Need To Calm Down

"You are somebody that we don't know, but you're coming at my friends like a missile"

I clutched by backpack straps as Gwen and I walked to Stone Circle.

"What she's doing is barbaric" she said. "Your mum told us to control our emotions and we will find true power but she wants us to lose control?"

"I know" I said.

Once we got to Stone Circle, Rosalind looked around at the students. She called upon Millie first to go against Marco. Each time she wasn't able to block his blasts, yelling out in pain each time. Finally, Rosalind gave in and picked another student after another. She looked at me not saying a word as I knew.

I walked to the center, staring at Marco. I glanced at Beatrix who was holding a clipboard, jotting down notes on everyone who had went already.

"You were taught to control your emotions, it is only when you let go you find true power" Rosalind said.

Marco threw his energy blast as I quickly threw a fire ball before it could reach me. He set up again just for me to send a lighting bolt to his hand, shocking him. After many attempts of Marco trying to hit me with his blast, class was dismissed.

I was called to Rosalinds 'office' as I stared at the door to the office. I refused to call it hers, it was rightfully my mothers. She didn't deserve to sit in the same chair she did and govern the students with anything but poise and respect. I walked through the door to see Bloom looking around as she usually did. She smiled when she saw me causing me to do the same.

"Been evaluating students over the past few months and that's where you both land" Rosalind said.

She had changed almost nothing about my mothers office, it looked the exact same as my heart felt like it was closing in. I sat down at one of the chairs as Bloom continued to look around.

"Better than the bottom right" Bloom said.

"Briar, you have exceeded my expectations of you, Farah did do something good after all" she said.

I ignored her comment as I played with my fingers.

"I'm trying my best" Bloom said.

"Bullshit" Rosalind said. "You transformed last year. Turned the school upside down looking for answers. You're powerful. This is a choice."

"When Dowling was headmistress, I was doing well" she said.

Bloom sat down as I looked over to her.

"Loyalty is important. It should be valued. Yours is misplaced" Rosalind said. "Farah, ran. I don't know if she was scared of the consequences of locking me under the school or if she just simply saw the writing on the wall when Luna reinstated me, but she ran."

"My mother wouldn't have ran!" I snapped. "You keep saying that, saying lies!"

"She ran and that's the truth. If she really cared about you, wouldn't she have called? A letter? Some form of communication? She left you" she said.

"The Solarian Army will find her" Bloom said.

"They called off the search" she said.

"What?" I said.

I began to walk out of her office without saying another word when one name caused me to stop.

"Saul Silva is being brought to trial at this moment for his crimes" Rosalind said. "So, at the first of repeating myself, the old regime is gone."

I went to the canteen to find Gwen and Millie but only found one of them.

"She's straight up fucking psycho" I said.