Adrien + Marinette Sin (not my story)

Start from the beginning

He watched as Plagg devoured the pack of cheese. "Are you still feeling good? We can rest if you have to."

Plagg burped, "nah, I'm fine. Just a little hungry. Besides, you just had to make this trip instead of a video call. I'm supposed to follow your lead, so that's what I'm doing, even though I still say you could have easily waited."

"And what would I do if the video call didn't work, or God-forbid I make things worse?"

"You worry too much," said Plagg, "but that doesn't matter anymore. We're committed to this crazy plan."

***

High in the skies above the Mediterranean Sea, Gabriel Agreste watches the Gorilla and Nathalie's morose demeanor. Perhaps I do push them too hard? Adrien is an eighteen-year-old boy and he doesn't really need to be babysat, it's only natural he'd try to sneak out on occasion... on second thought, Adrien is too valuable to me, and when you have a golden goose you don't let him out of your sight.

Gabriel then addressed Nathalie and the Gorilla, "the police in the town where Adrien is are already searching for Adrien. I promised them I'd build a factory if they deliver him to me. They will find him, and then we will bring him back to Paris. You two will never let him out of your sight again. Do you understand me? He doesn't need a social life, he doesn't need to get out, his 'friends' are all bad influences that encourage him to defy me. He needs to be in front of a camera."

Nathalie and the Gorilla nodded silently in agreement, more out of fear than anything else. Deep in their hearts they knew it wasn't right, but they had their orders and that was that.

***

Chat Noir finally reached the outer boundary of a village he'd been approaching for some time. He estimated that he was still quite a way from the resort, but he figured it might do for him to take a break. He quickly looked around and hid, then detransformed.

"Oh wow," said Plagg as he rematerialized in front of Adrien, "I didn't expect a simple run to be so exhausting."

"I don't even know where we are," said Adrien, exhausted and overcome with hunger and desperation, "and to be quite honest, I don't know if we'll ever get to her."

Adrien looked on his phone, "ah-ha! Success! They have cell reception here. Looks like I'm close, but I can't find any roads on this map."

"You're right where you need to be, and you're going exactly where you need to go," said a mysterious voice around the corner.

Plagg quickly hid inside Adrien's shirt, then Adrien rounded the corner to find an old man walking towards him. He smiled at the man, "you speak French?"

"Yes I do," answered the man, "now where are you trying to go? And who exactly is worth this trip?"

"She's on vacation and I think I accidentally hurt her feelings pretty bad last night. I need to make it right before it's too late."

The old man smiled, "ahh, young love. Nothing else would compel a man to run through the expansive wilderness of Achu. One thing is certain though: You will be wiser at the end of this trip than you were at the beginning."

"Hopefully true love is waiting," said Adrien with a smile, "but you're right: I don't want to make a habit of doing this kind of thing."

"Well there's a city about 8 kilometers in that direction," said the old man pointing towards a dirt path leading from the village into the setting sun, "I walk there twice a week and back, just follow that road, there are no turns to make or anything between here and the city. There's always foreigners there, and I think once or twice I saw the resort you're talking about."