"Well she's already promised safety with the rogue in his territory. That boy promised it. I know the rogue pack is called a rogue pack for a reason... But, hear me out... It'll be further away. It might be the best promise for her," I told her as I felt hesitant. Can I really trust that rogue?  Sending Josephine farther away from this pack is a better option then taking a chance in the king's territory. As an accomplise I want the better option myself. "We have to get them both out... That's the only problem."

     "At least if he's innocent then we'll be doing a good thing."

       "If he's not?" I asked.

     "We'll come across that bridge if we cross it."

     'Someone's at the door,' Nyla said as she sounded tensed. I grabbed Nathalie's arm to stop her from talking as I looked at the door. I heard a knock and got up fast. I took Nathalie with me as I let her go and pointed for her to go to my bedroom. I crossed the room as I inched towards the door with quiet footsteps.

     "Who is it?" I asked when I was close enough. I didn't open the door as I waited for confirmation. Nathalie disappeared into my bedroom and shut the door quietly behind her.

     "Hey. You might not remember me," I heard but recognized him as Zeke. Zeke who was the hot tamali that I met to trasfer the rogue over to. He's pratically Matthew's son. He was a definte favorite around the ladies of the pack... and popular with the guys for his skills he carried. "It's Zeke?"

     "Yeah. Why are you here?" I asked. What the hell is he doing here?

     "Matthew wants us to work on the car case. The one you got earlier. Let me in so we can go over the file," he demanded. "I meant to catch you before you left town."

     "That's ok Zeke. I don't need help on the case," I told him. "Go back down to the station."

       "Veronica... Are you sure?" He asked.

     "Positive."

     "Well that's not your call. Matthew put us both on the case. Now, let's get to work. I have something to do tonight and can't be out all day arguing with you." I rolled my eyes in annoyance and opened the door for him. Why is he being so complicated? He smirked as he pointed towards my neck. "What's all the layers for?" He said in a teasing tone. I frowned and thought about shoving the door right back in his face. I stepped aside instead to let him in.

     "It was cold outside. I just got in," I explained. "What are you doing tonight that's got you on a tight scheduel?"

     "I'm having dinner with my girlfriend's family for the first time."

       "I didn't know you had one."

     "Yeah. She wasn't supposed to be announced like this... But, I got her pregnant."

     "Wow, you're about to have some serious family drama," I teased him. That news will be all over the pack by tomorrow evening. It'll be talk of the town. "Are you planning on settling down to her? Is she your mate?"

     "If I'm going to answer your questions then I get to ask my own," he said as he tugged on the end of my scarff and eyed down my hidden neck. "Whose that mark belong to?" He asked in a teasing tone. We walked over to the island where I had to pause and go get the document off the coffee table. I met back up with him and we sat down together.

    "I suppose you're right. It's only right we keep our secrets unless we do decide to share," I said as I opened the folder and pushed it his way. He took it to look.

     "The license plate comes from the king's territory," he said instantly. "Does the car look familar to you? You were in that area longer than me." His eyes trailed back towards my neck. He's smart. He's already figuring it out. Of course I'd have something to do with it. I frowned his way.