"What's with the gear?", I asked.

"Nolan wants us", he said, "says there's a mission."

"Can't you take the lead on this one?", I asked, "I need a brake right now."

Shadow shook his head, "Trust me...this is one you both want to come on."

I just looked at him.

"At least come see the mission files before you say no", Shadow said. His voice was dead serious, "Adelind, you too, trust me."

I sighed again, "fine, we'll be right there."

Shadow nodded and shut the door tightly behind him.

"When am I gonna get some decent time to spend with you guys?", I asked.

"After you murder Lung", Tyson said without missing a beat.

I laughed, "remind me never to get on your bad side."

Tyson gave me a dirty look.

"Go get dressed kids", I said, "looks like your spending the day with Mark."

They jumped off their seats and walked back to their room as Adelind and I went back for our vests.

"What do you think it is?", Adelind asked.

"Dunno", I answered pulling my uniform on, "but did you hear the tone of Shadow's voice? Something is telling me that this is one mission that we don't want to miss."

Adelind and I helped each other get ready and then we took the kids over to the hatchery before going up to the command tent where we found Shadow's team and the rest of Raven Nolan was standing at his usual spot behind the projector dressed in his multi camouflage uniform.

"This better be good", I said yawning.

"I believe I've encountered something of...value...to say the very least", Nolan said.

"What is it?", I asked.

"A couple of nights ago", Nolan said, "I lost contact with a squadron of Meteor 250 tanks on the Russian front. I've since reestablished communications and discovered that it was due to the loss of the long range COM drone I patch to every tanker unit. Our S&R team found the drone this morning with a 20mm clean through each engine and with the black box crushed so badly that the data was irrecoverable, however, we did manage to capture some of the audio from the hard drive."

Nolan reached into his pocket and slid me a small voice recorder. I hit the play button.

"US?", a male's voice asked, sounding as if he were about 21.

"No...look at the flag", another, younger sounding voice asked, "I've never seen that flag before."

"Who do you think it is Frost?", the first person asked.

"No idea", Frost replied before the audio cut off.

"Okay", I said, "this is concerning to me how?"

"I ran the name Frost through the PD systems", Nolan said, "Recruit #000001 Frost Rthyin , leader of Dagger Squad and younger brother to Ren Rthyin, second in command. What I found interesting enough was that the human patched to their drill Sarge was redacted, so I ordered a deep ink and what came back freaked me the fuck out."

"What you find?", I asked.

Nolan slid me a folder. I opened it and inside were two faces that had always been stuck in the back of my head, but only now did the memories come flooding back, nearly bringing me to tears.