CHAP 28. Facing The Liar

It’s actually my fault

I got myself a high hope

Please don’t look for me

Seeing you hurt me

I want to be alone 

Third Person POV

A couple days after Joseph get a phone call

07.00 AM in the morning.

“I’ll get going now.” he said as he’s trying to get out of the store but was stopped by his father. Wujiu tried to push his father to the other side but he was too weak to do that.

Chang Yi put his hand on Wujiu’s forehead and sigh “You’re not well. You need to rest, son..”

“I’m fine…” he slapped his father's hand. His head felt dizzy  but it was fine since it happened when he studied last night. “I have a test today, I don’t want to be late.” Wujiu said softly, not wanting to hurt his father's feelings. 

“Are you sure? Your forehead is burning. I think you should get some rest.” Chang Yi looked worried at his son. But Wujiu nodded and said he was fine, on the outside.

With no words, Wujiu closed the door leaving his father alone in the store for school. 

Chang Yi actually wanted to stop his son from going to school, but Wujiu’s stubbornness was like Bao Yu, his wife. When she wanted to do something, she had to do it even if her health was on hold. He can’t help but look sad as his only son starts to go the same path as Bao Yu. 

He recalled the other week when Wujiu stormed out of his store and shut himself in his room. Ever since that day, he has started to change. First he was studying too hard and then he didn’t have any appetite. It is not good for a student to not eat enough, they need energy to think, but Wujiu still insisted that drinking tea is eating. 

Sometimes when he decides to take a walk outside in the middle of the night, he passes Wujiu’s room and sees that the boy is still studying. Studying is great, but there was a sniffling as if he was crying all night. When he tried to confront Wujiu, the boy just avoided talking and locked himself in his room again. 

Even his behavior started to change. He used to smile and his eyes were bright like he was ready for anything. Even if he gets annoyed with his friends, deep down, he is still happy. But now everything turns 180 degrees. His eyes were getting more dark and sullen as if the world he was seeing now was pitch dark. Wujiu doesn’t smile any longer and even if he smiles at Chang Yi, his father always knows that Wujiu’s smile was fake.

First he thought that Wujiu was having a fight with Joseph, but that wasn’t the case. Since it seems like Wujiu started to avoid his friends too. He remembers when Joseph asked him about Wujiu, and unfortunately he couldn't say anything since he had no idea.

Looking at the time and how he had to get ready before the store finally opened, he went back to the kitchen to prepare some dessert for the counter. Tea, snacks, and cake were done. All that's left is the customers.

He looked at the counter in the kitchen and saw that Wujiu forgot to bring food with him. 

‘Should I chase him?’ Chang Yi thinks for a second. He can run now but… what if he is too late and Wujiu is already in the classroom.. 

He can actually call him. He picks up his phone and makes a dialing call to Wujiu. But after a few moments of silence the phone was getting a voice message. 

‘Maybe he didn’t hear it..’ Chang Yi looks sad and worried but at this time, he can only hope that today won’t be the worst day that his son will have.