'Now, one thing you need to know about handing a gun is that you can't just point and shoot, you need distance. The average person can move about 6 meters a second, so someone with a knife can gut you before you can even get a shot off.' Macau said, taking the gun out of Chay's hand and replacing the bullets. He then grabbed his hand again and repositioned his fingers to grasp it properly and hold the trigger before looking into Chay's eyes, 'You got that?'

If Chay was being honest, he was terrified to learn to shoot a gun, had hated the feel of the cold weapon in his hand, but looking into Macau's eyes made him feel reassured, made him feel safe. Chay nodded, 'someone could kill you if you aren't far enough away.'

Macau gave him a soft smile before squeezing his hands in reassurance and taking a few steps back. 'I want you to try pulling the gun on me,' he said smiling a Chay's uncertainty, 'don't worry, I put rubber bullets in so it won't hurt me.' hesitating slightly, Chay raised his gun, Macau rushed at him and grabbing his hand, disarming him before he could react. He let out a shy laugh as Macau gave him back the gun, 'try again, this time I'll be further away.'

Chay did as he was told, this time as quick as he could, but again Macau disarmed him before he was able to get out a shot. Chay looked at the gun and then Macau before holding out his hand, 'one more time.' Macau grinned and handed him the gun once more, before again taking a few steps away from him. Chay looked at Macau in determination, before raising his gun, closing his eyes, and pulling the trigger letting out a loud BANG!

Chay slowly opened his eyes to see Macau standing there, shocked, a hand pressed on his side. 'You actually shot,' he said quietly. The blood drained from Chay's face as he realised what he had done and dropped the gun, his legs starting to lose strength.

Macau's eyes widened as he realised what Chay thought and removed his hand from his side holding it up for Chay to see. 'Don't worry! It was just rubber bullets; you didn't shoot me for real.'

Chay's eyes darkened as he rushed over to Macau and hit his shoulder twice, 'Why were you holding your side like that then?! You scared the shit out of me!' he shouted, taking a few breaths to calm his racing heart. Chay ran a hand through his hair and started walking away before hearing a quiet chuckle behind him.

He slowly turned around to see Macau, a hand covering his mouth, his shoulders shaking from laughter. Chay glared at him and went up to hit him again, but this time, Macau grabbed his wrist before he could. 'Look,' he said softly, Chay still glaring at him, 'I'm sorry I scared you.' Chay rolled his eyes and tried to get Macau to let go, but his grip only tightened, 'but in my defense, getting shot with even a rubber bullet still hurts like a bitch.' Chay looked up at Macau, a hint of concern entering his eyes causing a smile to form on Macau's lips as he lifted his shirt, letting Chay see the wound on his stomach.

Chay's mouth dropped slightly as he saw the swollen, red blotch on Macau's side. Subconsciously, he reached his hand up to the wound, bruising already forming around it, and gently brushed his fingers over it. Macau hissed in pain, causing Chay to retract his hand, wondering what came over him. He looked up at him again, 'Do you need to get some help for that?' he asked concerned.

Macau gave him a cocky smile, 'Nah, I've had worse than this' he said, letting go of his shirt and walking over to the gun Chay had dropped, picking it up 'You want to go again?' Chay shook his head vigorously causing Macau to laugh, 'don't worry, you'll be shooting those targets this time,' he said gesturing to the far wall.

Chay let out a breath, 'that's better, I guess.'

Macau laughed again, 'you'll be fine, I promise.' Chay gave him a very obvious yeah right look but Macau just ignored it, walking over to the boy and putting his arm around his shoulders, leading him over to the targets. Macau gave Chay the other gun, 'ok, now this one has real bullets, which means there's going to be a bit more kick to it.' Chay nodded and he continued, 'I want you to shoot as best you can at the target so you can feel that kick and the strength of the weapon in your hand.' Macau put a hand on Chay's shoulder, 'Are you ready?'

Chay let out an unsure laugh, 'sure,' he said as he raised the weapon and aimed at the target. After taking a breath, Chay pulled the trigger, the loud BANG along with the strong recoil, shocking him, and causing him to lose his grip on the gun. Chay watched it fall to the ground and let out a pathetic laugh at his lack of skill when handling guns.

Macau looked at Chay before picking up the gun and handing it back to him, 'what was that laugh for,' he asked.

Chay looked up at Macau, 'because I suck at this, I couldn't even keep a hold on the freaking gun!'

'And I didn't expect you to.' Macau placed his hands on Chay's shoulders, 'you don't need to worry about it, I'm assuming this is the first time you have ever handled a gun?' Chay nodded and Macau smiled, 'so you are already doing better than expected.' Chay still didn't believe him, and Macau knew it. Frustrated at his lack of confidence in himself, Macau turned Chay towards the targets and pointed at it, 'Look.' Chay looked at the target and his eyes widened, not only did he actually hit the target, but he also hit the blue! He looked at Macau who had a proud smile on his face, 'see, you have to have more confidence in yourself.' Chay again looked at the target and the hole he had made smiling to himself, 'though I have to admit, I didn't think you would even get close to hitting, not with the form you were using,' Macau said unapologetically.

Chay frowned at him, 'what was wrong with my form?' Macau snorted with laughter causing Chay to roll his eyes, 'that bad?'

Macau composed himself, 'ehem, sorry. Just let me show you how to do it properly.' Chay rolled his eyes again but nodded, raising his gun to the target, 'you need to put your right foot forward and position your left foot at an angle so you can put your weight back onto it.' Chay gave Macau a questioning look, to which he just smiled and knelt down slightly moving Chay's feet to the needed position. He then stood back up and nodded at Chay to shoot. This time the shot was closer to the bullseye, but still in the blue. Macau frowned at Chay, trying to figure out what he had missed, in realisation Macau walked behind Chay and turned his hips slightly.

Chay froze at Macau's touch, shivers ran up his spine as he tried not to think about his hands on his sides, which were staying there. 'Try shooting again' Macau said to him, his breath tickling the back of Chay's neck. Chay shook off any distracting thoughts and swallowed as he aimed once again at the target focusing on aiming. BANG! This time it felt different like his body absorbed the shock of the gun but didn't falter. Chay smiled at Macau who just looked at the target and nodded, 'good' he said, before walking away. 'I'm going to get some water; do you want some?' he called back to Chay.

Chay shook his head even though Macau couldn't see him, 'no, thanks' he said quietly, and Macau left the room, leaving Chay alone.

Macau x ChayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara