Chapter ☣︎☣︎

"Good job on being able to stay here for already 6 months (y/n)!" Cuphead grins as he comes standing next to you behind the bar. "Gee, thanks Cuphead! But it's not that hard when you have two amazing friends to chat with." You smile and he scoffs. "I'd be happy to order you a drink~ Top of the Menu is me, doll!" He winks and you blush. "Oh, stop it with your cheesy pickup lines!" You say punching his arm playfully.

You shake the memory out of your head as you walk over towards the door with the scanner. You shoot your hand towards it and a few seconds later the door opens. A long hallway ahead of you and you three walk in. As you walk in the front, Mugs is trying to reason with his brother. "Y'know, you went a bit too far this time.." Mugman whispers. "What do you mean 'I went too far'? She should've reached out more!" Cuphead whispers back with an annoyed facial expression. "She should've reached out more? Now who's talking." Mugman says, before the two brothers heard you gasp. "What? What is it (y/n)??" Mugman asked, stepping closer to you. "H-Huggy's behind the door, and I don't remember what happens in the next scene.." You stammer and Mugs wraps his arm around your waist. "That's okay. We're together instead of single player mode! C'mon, let's go inside together... I'll protect you!" He smiles warmly now reaching his hand for yours. You carefully accept his hand to hold yours and you feel his strong, large, gloved hand around your small, ungloved hand. You blush at the sudden affection, unaware of Cuphead standing behind you two with an uneasy expression. Rather.. jealous...

You give Mugman a nod and he pushes the door open, revealing an empty, long, cramped and dark hallway... You two carefully start walking, and so far so good! That is, until one of the pipes started blowing steam! You jumped to Mugman and yelled in fear. Mugman caught you and chuckled. "It's okay darling, it's just some steam.. But, I gotta be honest with you... That was quiet a good jumpscare, hehe..!" He chuckles as you slowly let go of him. "G-gets me everytime..!" You pout and Mugman ruffles your hair. After another short while of walking you reach the end of the hallway. You open the door and you find yourself in the Warehouse. "So this is where they kept all the toys?" You mutter as you free yourself from Mug's grasp. You start to wander off to explore the new area.

"What the fuck was that?!" Cuphead growled at his brother. "What was what, Cups?" Mugman asks his brother casually. Without saying any words, Cups starts making arm movements referring to what Mugs just did to you. Mugman just gave his brother a big eye roll while shaking his head. "No, I'm serious Mugs! You cannot put things like that, you know I-" Cuphead starts but he gets cut off by Mugs. "You should've reached out more." And with that Mugman walks up the stairs to find you. Cuphead was left alone. He felt guilt...? No, love ain't real. He could and would never...

"(Y/n)...What have I done...?"

"So, what do we do here (y/n)?" Mugman asked and you turned around to face him. "We have to find 4 glowing blocks that will restore the power for that crane claw. That's going to help us get that!" You say pointing at a glass box with... "The red hand!" Mugman exclaimed. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go find those blocks!" He said. "Yes, and this is what they look like." You said, Cuphead walked into the conversation. "Hey uhmm, what's next?" He asks. "Find three more of these boxes. Get the red hand and get the Hell outta here." You say not caring to explain much about it. Cuphead just nods and you all agree to search one block per person. After a few minutes of searching you all found one block and put them on their places. The crane claw immediately started working, grabbing the glass box and-

*CRASH!!*

"I guess that works too-?" You shrugged as you lowered yourself down towards the hand and put it on the grab pack. "And now we can scan both of 'em to get into that vent shaft!" Cuphead cheered. "I'm missing a usual skin color not eyes." You say making Mugman snicker. "You don't have eyes." Cuphead says. "Well I still saw you doing what I thought you were doing just an hour ago so shut up and follow me!" You shout making them both quiet as you scanned both of the hands. The door opened and you crawled through it. "Yet, another puzzle.. It surprises me that even thought this place was shut down years ago, the power still works." You question as you look for how to solve this puzzle. Once you see it, you start dragging the electric wire through the area, failing 2 times because you misjudged the course. Finally after a few annoying minutes you complete the puzzle and the tire starts moving. "Woah, (y/n) I got you!" Mugman says as he prevents you from falling over. A red light starts glowing and an alarm was heard, startling you for a second and pieces of toys fall from the ceiling. This happens two times more before you three are dropped in a box full of toy parts. The lights turn on and in big letters you see 'Make A Friend!' hanging on the ceiling. You three climb out of the box, but Cuphead loses his balance and falls on the ground, damaging the crack in his arm. "Aaah! Ouch.. shit...!" He growls as he grabs the hurt spot. "Goodness! Are you okay?" You ask concerned making Cuphead look at you in surprise. "I'm fine (y/n)! The crack is just damaged.." He groans as he reveals a new crack in his arm. You wince at the sight and look around for some glue or anything that can help prevent the crack grow bigger.