A New Reality (Epilogue)

While John had wanted to sit with his friends, the traveling news of the Gryffindors' feats and Hermione's own return from her ill-fated state-the seating had been filled to the brim.

Leaving John alone once again to his own devices.

That was fine though, the mage just used the space to take a nap.

Tristian had been there to pick him up from the train station.
Apparently he had heard the news about his favorited celebrity, and like most of Lockhart's fan, he was upset to say the least.

As soon as John got comfortable back at their summer house, he certainly tried his best to ignore the young wizard's sulking.

Not to mention holding his tongue against the very strong urge of 'I told you so'.

He tried to be the better man for once, asking his guardian what was troubling him-immediately regretting his decision as he then received a one-sided rant of how devastated Tristan was and the very real dangers of manipulation, plagiarism, and fraud.

Like he hadn't done anything of that before.

He endured it in its entirety, and not in any way by choice, as every time he tried backtracking or walking away-he was physically and metaphorically dragged back.

John groaned as he sat at his desk, Astra's pleasant chirping white noise in the back of his head.

He's been here for two years.
Two bloody years.

On the verge of three.

The blond pulled open the desk's filing cabinet and pulled out his book, flipping to a bookmarked page.

Mephistopheles

The cause of his headache.

He still wasn't strong enough to search for and take him one on his own...

John clenched his hands.

Soon.

He couldn't sit in on this Earth for much longer. With Manny and those from his own world, John would give himself another year before he needed to split.

One year and that's it.

With the Rising Darkness approaching-he couldn't afford anymore time after that...maybe two if he really had to push it...

The blond groaned in frustration, unclenching his hands in favor of grabbing at his hair.

He leant back into his chair and slouched, holding on tightly to his roots for a quick moment before releasing go with a sigh.

Letting his hands slide down his face and to his sides.

In the meantime, he supposed, he could research more into magic enhancing spells or artifacts...

He spared a quick glance to the various objects he'd picked up from the black market place the year prior-his eyes running over his cross covered brass-knuckles.

If, when, his timer ran out and if he still wasn't back to full strength-he'd need every trick his miniaturized sleeves could fit.

John paused.

He leaned over and stuck his hand back into the filing cabinet-pulling out the object of his fixation.

A tooth.

A fang to be precise.

John propped himself up by his elbows, examining the fang closely.

He had drained, soaked, and washed the damn thing 4 times already-not wanting to risk cutting himself with one of this world's most dangerous and fast acting venoms.

He turned it over in his hands.

He had put a on few wards of his for good measure as well...call John paranoid-but he did want to get home alive thank you.

His lips twitched.

He's already discovered that this Earth possessed much darker magic than he had presumed.

John leaned back into his chair, this time more relaxed.

Confident.

This world's-the wizarding world's black magic was cunning. Full of tricks, and plenty of kick to boot.

That would come in handy.

They'd be a one up over the bastard devil that got them both stuck here-but learning new tricks while under constant surveillance might prove...difficult.

Those twitches slipped into a grin and he held up the fang over his head with one hand.
Moonbeams that spilled into the room casted over his white souvenir-slightly reflecting spellbound wards and runes.

No matter.

He was John Constantine.

Black magic was his forte.

This-ladies, gents, and those in between-marks our sequel to a close...

So...

Whadya think?

Was it better than the first, worse?

Which did you prefer?

How were the characters?
Still in character I hope despite the forced growth I've been instilling...

I, for one, am super relieved that it's finally over because I will be making a announcement in a few days involving John Constantine/HP, John related works, and updates of other books over been putting into the projects.

One such thing like requests.

This of course will be covered in the announcement as well. Now, that being said, I am not updating this particular announcement as a chapter, but something going on my own conversation page so if you care about any of the listed above but are not following me, feel free to check by my bio every couple of days to check.

But if you only care about the JC/HP series in particular-that's ok too, totally got it. I will still be updating what's next as a chapter like our previous book.

Feel free to comment your thoughts and/or criticisms, but until then-

Toodles~

Your author,

PopTartKiddo