Chapter 2 - Part 7

Começar do início

Lucas who was still downing his potato soup grunted in displeasure and immediately melded into the shadow.

Lilith and D were surprised with Lucas' sudden disappearance and immediately, they felt a vicious energy emanating from where Arleita was sitting.

"Rest easy my dear, I suppose it is fine to let you know one thing about me, consider it my apologies for my disrespect. I am Arleita Riddick, Master Elementalist of seven elementals. Lucas is my bodyguard and also my closest aide, kindly excuse his malevolent energy as he is a shadow elemental." The branch manager informed the startled adventurers of her identity, or at least part of her identity as she proclaimed.

"Now, would you still need a second opinion? Don't worry, I know very well to keep things under wraps." Arleita asked further while still emanating a vicious aura towards the three.

Lilith quickly gave a small head shake to tell D and Vibey to stand down, Arleita's strength was beyond her prediction and playing along was their only move, at least for now.

"Why are you so fixated on us?" With the balance of power tipped greatly, Lilith had no choice but to ensure they were not at complete loss at that point.

"I told you, didn't I? I want you, you said you would consider my request if we can help with your elemental problem." Arleita replied with sparkles in her eye, knowing well that at that point, Lilith had no choice but to accept.

"I express my gratitude for your assistance, it would be appreciated if you can look into our matter quickly." Out of options, the current state of the discussion was the best outcome for Lilith and her siblings and thus, she accepted.

"Wonderful, now Lucas, when's my next available schedule?" Content with the answer, she snapped her fingers again, signalling Lucas that his task as an elemental was done and his work as her aide continued.

"You are available after the 10th bell today", now back to his seat, Lucas took out his note to check the manager's schedule for the day.

"Seriously? Can't we just cancel the meetings with the Count?" She sulked as she heard of her schedule for the day.

"No can do, we have rescheduled it before and rescheduling it again will put the guild on the Count's bad side."

"Okay, are we free after that then?" Arleita asked as she tossed her salad around with her fork, still sulking.

"There are some projects to oversee and the team really needs your input before they can continue."

"After that?"

"Your company business meeting, attendance is compulsory."

"Ugh, seriously they are so uptight and rigid, it is just annoying. Oh right, I will ask her to repla-"

"No, she was sick of impersonating you just to sit through meetings, she filed a complaint to be exempt from your request for a few days; you don't even read all the notes she took from the meeting either."

"Ugh.. fine, alright you three, I will be here again as soon as I am done with the boring stuff." After grasping all she needed to do for the day, she stretched her arms and asked the three to prepare her welcoming for later.

"I believe we can simply discuss it in the guild wher-" Lilith tried to have the meeting space reconsidered but Arleita seemed adamant in her decision as she interrupted.

"This inn's nice, we will do the meeting here, your room, at the 10th bell. Lucas, mark it down." Arleita voiced her decision as she stood up and left the room in style.

"I would guess the uncomfortable feeling in this room is related to your request." Lucas commented briefly before following Arleita out of the room.

After it was only the three of them in the room, D turned his head towards Lilith, demanding explanation.