lurk i

cw: slight NSFW

-Present-

The music blasted loudly as Sanzu drove the 3 of you home, the Haitani brothers sitting quietly in the backseat. You look over at Rindou a few times, just to check if he's over his little tantrum.

He is, thankfully.

Sanzu turns down the music as he pulls up close to a grocery store before calling out your name and you snap out of your trance.

" Think you can dye my hair tonight ? " He asks, running a hand through his mullet, and now that he says that, you do notice his light blonde roots growing out.

Instinctively, you reach over to touch his hair, running your hand through it.

" It's gonna cost ya " You laugh and he raises an eyebrow with a smile, reversing into the parking lot.

" How bout a bottle of wine ? "

You grab your chin, faking thinking about it before crossing your arms.

" Two "

He laughs, taking the keys out.

" Deal "

You hear an " ew " in the backseat which made you giggle, looking over to see Ran making a disgusted face while Rindou stared down at his phone, texting away.

" Yeah Ran, get used to it " Sanzu teases him, placing a hand on your thigh and you push him away, shooing him out of the car.

" Go before i change my mind and shave that big head of yours " You warn him and he opens the door, getting out and bending down to look at the backseat.

" She's so in love with me " Sanzu jokes which manages to get a chuckle out of Ran however Rindou stepped out of the car, slamming the door shut before walking around in the parking lot speaking on the phone.

" You're a dick " You give him a side look and he simply smiles before shutting the door and making his way to the store.

Letting out a deep sigh, you turn around to see Ran raise an eyebrow, and you've known him for so long you knew exactly what he was gonna ask.

" No, don't be stupid - Sanzu just likes to start shit everyone knows that " You say before Ran could even part his lips to speak, eliciting a small " hmm" out of him.

" Should i like... go check on him ? " He asks and you chuckle dryly.

" I don't know, he's your brother "

" And you're the reason he's - "

" That's not my problem, Ran " You cut him off, lowering the window to light yourself another cigarette.

" He's with Kioko again, that's why we argued " Ran informs you and you nod, taking a drag and blowing the smoke out.

"As you said, he's not a kid anymore - let him do what he wants " You shrug, extending your hand back to offer him a drag which he refuses.

" Damn, guess you're really over him , huh ? "

Thinking back on it, when Sanzu told you he's 'the only one that ever cared ' and ' you'll realise that soon enough'  - that phrase has been spinning around in your head ever since earlier and you're finally starting to realise what he meant by it.