"Another crisis to deal with right now," Jade threw her things into her bag carelessly, rushing towards Liam, who was confronting a player from the other team. She had been keeping an eye on the situation at hand, making a promise to herself that she would look out for the beta. It seemed to take a turn for the worse though, his claws digging into his hands, blood dripping onto the cement.

She didn't know what it was that made her feel so responsible for the freshman, but perhaps it was an internal guilt that had nothing to do with him at all. Maybe it was the nurturing instinct she had for anyone who was younger than her; even though she wanted to forget what happened at Calliope's, she remembered the slight hesitation she felt when Liberty showed up. The reluctancy to hurt someone who was roughly the same age as her. It was hard to explain and it made her sound insane, but she was sure that if anyone was younger than her, she wouldn't have the guts to kill them.

Liam was dragged into this world of danger without a choice, without any knowledge. At least she had been born a witch and her mother helped guide her. Sure, the woman kept a lot of things to herself, but if Jade was being honest, she could kinda see why.

In many ways, she saw herself in the fifteen year old. Having trouble controlling his anger, feeling like the world was out to get him, too much power and didn't have a clue what to do with it. He was scared, thrown into the deep end in a world that he knew nothing about. She knew that feeling all too well and refused to let him go down the same path of self-destruction that she did.

Stiles and Scott noticed what was happening too, meeting the others over at the scene at the same time. Max, Lily and Scott helped push the beta away from the situation, trying to help him gain control.

"Hey! What's going on prep students? Welcome to our little public high school. How you doing?" Stiles rambled, awkwardly letting his hand drop to his side after the boy from Devenford Prep didn't accept his handshake. "We're very excited for the scrimmage tonight. But let's keep it clean, all right? No rough stuff out there. All right, see you out on the field."

"Go," Stiles hissed, his attempt at buying them time failing as they ushered the out of control beta into the school.

Jade and Lilith shared an uncomfortable glance, left to deal with the car crash that Stiles had handed them. Cerulean eyes stared them down expectedly, a brow arched as he waited for someone to continue on the conversation, hopefully this time with better social skills. He was most definitely looking at the wrong people if he wanted someone that had good communication skills; the girl who turned off her emotions to avoid feeling them and the person who was constantly on the verge of a breakdown.

"What? Were you expecting a welcome party?" Jade questioned, the other players from Devenford filing into the school in search of the locker rooms. She seemed to be the only one interested in what this boy and Liam were arguing over. Her hands were curled into fists as she tried to ignore the migraine that was splitting through her head. His obnoxiously glowing blue aura didn't help in the slightest. A rich yet bold shade, the sky melting into the sea, shades blending roughly together. "What were you two arguing about?"

Brett scoffed, shoulders back as he shot daggers at the girl in front of him. She was older, but only by a few years! Besides, she had no type of authority over him in the slightest. "Just two old friends catching up."

"Jade," Lilith's sang highly, already sensing that this wasn't going to end well. Placing a hand firmly on the blonde's shoulder, they pulled her back a bit. "Leave it, okay? Let's go find the others," they said, knowing that their suggestion wasn't up for debate. God, how the tables had turned. Usually she was always up for kicking someone into line, yet here they were convincing her friend to do the complete opposite. It was probably a smart idea though, given that Jade's anger normally led to someone being badly injured or dead.