Ch. 52

The sun rose over the kingdom. Knuckles winced at the sunlight as she woke up. She sat up and gasped as she said, "Oh no. Sonics coronation." The female red echidna jumped out of bed and rushed out. Jules stopped her and said, "Whoa there missy. Where's the fire?" Knuckles said while breathing, "Gotta. Go see Sonic. Is he still..?" Jules replied, "Nah he got up and got ready early. He hasn't done that since he was 5. Actually he had been getting up early since he came back. He does sleep late a few times." Knuckles muttered, "Drat." Jules chuckled and said, "Well at least get ready for the coronation. I don't think pajamas are in the dress code." Knuckles looked at herself and blushed in embarrassment before running back to her room. Knuckles sighed and saw a lovely scarlet red dress and a scrunchy on the bed. Knuckles sighed before looking at her present. Knuckles asked herself, "Wonder what Sonic gave me?" Curiosity got the best of her as she opened it. She looked to see it was a red heart pendant. She looked to see a note and red it, "To the girl 'who was once a boy who stolen but crushed my heart' but then healed and once again stole my heart." She looked at it and said, "Oh Sonic. I love it." Without hesitation Knuckles got ready and place the heart pendant around her neck. She did have a hard time trying to put her dreadlocks in a ponytail. Once she got her ruby red flats (shoes) on, she rushed out the door. She then said to Jules, "Thanks so much for
Your advice Jules." Jules replied as he waved, "Anytime Nakuru. We'll be there shortly." Aleena and Jules watched her going to Sonic as they shared a high five as Aleena said, "Your plan worked darling. Your plan worked." Jules replied to her as he kissed her on the cheek, "No Aleena. Our plan worked."

(Meanwhile)

It took Knuckles 15 minutes to get to the church 'where the coronation is happening'. There she sees Sonic at the entrance. She stopped in front of him as Sonic said, "I've been waiting for you. Nakuru." Knuckles breathed heavily and said, "Sonic. Before you go through this. I need to know. You really wanna do this?" Sonic replied, "Yes. It's where my loyalties lie. I thought my loyalties lie in my place as a hero but I was wrong. I wasn't cut out to be a hero. Besides I'm the third heir to the throne. Listen Nakuru I may not be the Sonic you once knew anymore but I still can run fast. But I haven't done it for over a year now." Knuckles sighed and said, "I didn't think you were gonna give it all up. Look your the only one now. So I still love you. Even though you deeply don't." She then handed Sonic a rose as she said, "I may have been a jerk to you when I was a guy. But I have regrets too. I love you so much Sonic. During these days with you I thought I gotten the Sonic I knew back. But I was wrong but I can say this at least. I won't stop until your heart is mine. I will never give up until I win your love. I will do anything for you." Sonic was a little surprised but his surprised look turn to a calm one and said as he put the rose down, "You already have Nakuru. I saw your note and the present you gave me." He revealed he was wearing the moon pendant around his neck. Knuckles was happy and in tears as she said, "I received your present too Sonic. I loved it. But.." She then said as she placed her hands on his shoulders, "I wanna support you but I don't want you to go through this." Sonic sighed and said as he placed a hand on her face, "Well I haft to and I want to. But I won't be ruling this kingdom alone. Nakuru. Rule with me and you will be my Queen." Knuckles gasped lightly as he went on his left knee and said as he showed a ring, "Nakuru these days with you have been the best for us even though I didn't show it. I had fun spending time with you. I love you and there is no one will rather be with. So Nakuru the question is... Will you be my Queen?" Knuckles then had tears of joy and shouted as she hugged Sonic, "Oh Sonic. Yes. I will. Yes I will be your Queen." Sonic hugged back. Before Knuckles calm down and gazed into his emerald green eyes. Then without hesitation the two shared a blissful kiss. Unaware that Jules and Aleena were watching. They were relieved to see Sonic and Knuckles will be together.