Ch. 7

Sonic started to suffocate due to the smoke as he pulled himself out of the rubble. Though it was painful and he screamed loud as he successfully freed himself. Shadow shouted to him, "Hedgehog hold on." The black hedgehog pulled the blue hedgehog up and asked, "Are you alright?" Sonic replied, "Do I look like I'm alright?" Shadow then ran out of the burning building with the blue hedgehog. But Shadow sees that the warehouse is going to collapsed. Shadow had a thought for a way to save Sonic but he wasn't looking forward to what had to be done. Without a second thought, Shadow mumbled, "The building is about to collapsed get out of here." Without hesitation he threw Sonic out of the building and the building collapsed onto Shadow. Sonic landed on the ground near Tails. The two-tailed fox asked Sonic, "Are you alright?" Knuckles asked in tears, "Where is Shadow?!?" Sonic looked at the entrance of the burning building. Shadow was laying there lifeless underneath a pile of rubble. Without hesitation Knuckles rushed in got Shadow out of there before rushing out. With Shadow in his arms he cried. Knuckles shouted at the top of his lungs, "HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!"

<later at the village hospital>

Team Sonic waited patiently for Shadow to pull through. Sonic looked at the sad echidna. Without hesitation Sonic touched Knuckles shoulder and said, "Knux... I.." That only fueled the red echidna's rage as he slapped Sonics hand away as he said, "THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!" Sonic stepped back as Knuckles shouted and pointed at Sonic, "Your the reason why he's in this position! If he dies it's your fault!! Your fault!" Everyone glared at Sonic. Sonic whimpered as Knuckles said, "Your a monster! You hated him! Your the worst friend I ever have!" But that's when Staci and Elsie backed him up along with Tails, Amy, Sticks, and Perci. Elsie said, "Hey back off! It wasn't his fault!" Staci protested, "Elsie's right. He was stuck underneath the rubble!" Amy then protested, "Staci and Elsie are right! Your blaming Sonic for no reason. In fact you all are being mean to Sonic for no reason. It wasn't his fault!" Knuckles said rudely, "Yes it is!" Tails shouted, "It was your fault! Sonic asked for your help but no. You left him to fend for himself." One of the villagers were going to say something bad but Sticks shouted, "BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING!! YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED!! YOU ALL WERE BEING MEAN TO HIM!! YOU MOCKED HIM, LAUGHED AT HIM
IN A BAD WAY, NOT TO MENTION HUMILIATED HIM!! YOUR NO BETTER THAN THE GOVERNMENT OR EGGMAN!!" Everyone gasped before they look down in shame as they muttered in agreement. Elsie then turn to Sonic and said, "By the way don't you think we need to take you to the clinic dude? You look awful. Plus that burn does not look good on your arm." Sonic sighs and said, "I'll be fine." Amy then turn to Knuckles and said, "It isn't nice to point fingers at someone who didn't hurt your boyfriend." Thats when the doctor came in. Knuckles asked anxiously, "Is Shadow okay?!" The doctor replied sadly, "I'm sorry. He's gone." Knuckles gasped as his heart shattered and then he glared at Sonic. Before he can say something angry at him, Sonic ran off. The villagers were about to say something sincerely but they were too late. The male old monkey sighed shamefully and said, "They are actually right. We have been real jerks. We took Sonic for granted, and we were being a bunch of heartless people." The male walrus said shamefully, "When will we learn?" Lady Walrus said, "He probably didn't mean it." Tails was a little relief that people are seeing it but hopefully they actually meant it. But Knuckles is still hateful towards Sonic. Little did he know that his hateful ways towards Sonic went too far.