Chapter 16- Fatal

Start from the beginning

She definitely went to tell someone.

I suck my teeth as I hurriedly leave the apartment. Using the service stairs until I reach the first floor. Rushing outside and circling around the house to the garden. Moving all the way to the back, where there was enough space between the garden and the tree line.

I place my hat proudly on my head, holding the shovel in a tight grip as I focus on my destination. I raise my shovel ready to stab the ground, but my concentration broken by a loud yell.

"Elias Stop!"

And I do. My arms frozen in the air and I open my eyes to find Blanton followed by Ms. Penelope and Opala. Juni and Sam follow seconds after.

Fucking lycan speed.

"What exactly do you think you're doing?" Blanton shouts obviously angry.

"Where's GrimFather? Why isn't he with you?" I ask.

"He's still in France. Turns out Avis had stolen a few seeds from their facility half a century before he started his mess. They had only found a few of his farms in his RavenHill territory in India."

"India?" Opala and I say in unison.

"His territory is in South America." I state firmly.

"No it's in India." The headmistress confirms. "It's always been in India."

"Then what the hell is in South America?" Opala asks.

"See, I was trying to find that out, but you snitched." I state deadpanned giving her a half glare.

"We can send someone out there, you are a student here you cannot go!" The headmistress steps to me in a voice of rationality, I respect her for that.

"I'm sorry, Penelope." I say completely resigned in my decision to overlook her's, and she knows it.

Her arms drop to her sides in defeat as she looks at me in disbelief. I raise an eyebrow awaiting any further scrutiny from the mob in front of me.

Before anyone else can protest I swiftly raise my shovel into the air, and jam it into the ground. The ground beneath my feet shake and ripple like water, the blades of grass whipping like waves as the ground began to hum. They all stepped back, Sam looked at me with an unreadable expression, and I couldn't meet his eye. I look away only slightly ashamed at how I'm leaving them. But I look back and give a small smile.

Black smoke drifting from the brim of my hat, engulfing me and swirling like a dust bowl, the dark cloud reaching for the sky and suddenly I feel a hand on mine.

"Juni no!"

But it's too late.

Opala

The cloud quickly disappears, the smoke fanning out sending wind in every direction, our clothes whipping from the force. The ground stops moving, there isn't anymore humming, just silence.

And they're just not there anymore.

"Wh-where did they go?" Ms. Penelope stutters.

"She said South America." Sam speaks up.

"Where in South America?" Blanton pushes. "The wine crate was sent from RavenHill but I didn't see the label, only Elias saw it."

"She said it was between Guyana and Brazil!" I shout recalling our conversation in the library.

"Where! That's too vague! Remember she was the only one that saw the label!" Blanton shouts, groaning in frustration and almost pulling his beard off his face.