eleven

eleven

Lavender was an angel of tricks and smoke and captivation. She was a magician amongst scarecrows. Obsidian didn't even know why he thought that, why he was caught in the irresistible dreamscape of her dark eyes.

She was a liar.

And it was the tongue of a liar that traced his mouth and sent his body into a frenzy. Everything that was Lavender surrounded him.

She moaned into his mouth and the sound drove him wild. He thrust his weight against her, driving her into the wall. The numerous gold framed mirrors rattled and were probably askew at this point but he didn't care. He didn't even care why she had that many mirrors to begin with when those slender fingers roughly yanked at his hair, eliciting a twinge of pain that mixed with the pleasure, sending him into a deeper spiral.

After forty years, he had let jealousy lure him to her. And now he was a goner.

Catching the string lying over her back, he pulled it. The pathetic fabric she deemed as a 'top' was his latest enemy. Especially when he'd seen that other fledgling - Kaede - standing so close, lusting over her exposed skin.

Something inside of him had flipped at that.

In truth, he wanted to rip out the angel's arms so he wouldn't even think about the possibility of touching Lavender. He wasn't the only issue, though. There were the males on that bulletin of hers. And she even thought his fellow Guards were 'sexy'. It was infuriating. And it made him want to slip divine cuffs over her thin wrists and teach her a lesson. She was his.

No.

She wasn't.

He was here at the academy to investigate Lavender. Not make out with her. So why couldn't he stop?

"Obsidian," The sultry, out of breath manner in which she got out his name could've slain him a thousand times. "See what happens when you reciprocate?"

He chuckled at that. She really did drive him insane.

Lavender craned her neck back suddenly, breaking the contact between their mouths. Not so fast. He chased her lips, closing her in the tight space with a flare of his wings, creating a cage in case she tried to leave. This room was too small for him, though. His left wing knocked into multiple items laying on top of her dresser, knocking them all to the ground.

He didn't bother to look. He didn't want to stop kissing her.

"You just laughed - " She started, her eyes wide with surprise but he reclaimed her lips and the rest of her words were a mumbled mess he devoured. Had she never heard another person laugh before?

Not to mention he didn't want to talk. He wanted to taste. He also wanted to touch.

The skin of her back was silky smooth and scorching hot. What would the rest of her feel like? Her top was nothing but a hanging curtain at that point. The hardened tips of her nipples, were they the same dusky shade he conjured in his mind?

Rather than finding out, his fingers flew to the base of her wings. She gasped. The appendages that matched the color of her name twitched and fluttered - or tried to - but they were squished against the wall. It was a natural reaction. Not many people touched that area unless they were trying to rip them off. It was also a bit ticklish depending on the angel.

Obsidian recalled that night on the roof when she had made a grab for his wings and failed. She had a lot to learn if she thought he would be taken down so easily.

He applied pressure and her back arched as if to expel his fingers. All it did was effectively smother her torso against his. Which he liked. A lot.

Had to get closer. Skin on skin. Beginning to pull away her top with his free hand, he suddenly stiffened, sensing another angel nearby. Very nearby.

Moving with lightning speed, he peeled away from Lavender but it was too late.

A throat clearing was followed by a snicker. Not just one angel but two. Great.

"Shall we make this twosome into a threesome?"

Obsidian didn't even have to turn around to see who that was. That annoying voice had been the one who snickered and of all the Guards on duty at the academy, it was always Eero that walked in at the worst moments.

The sleazy remark had Lavender blinking up at him. She didn't seem alarmed at the presence of newcomers. Her lips were swollen and her hands untangled from his hair, trailing to his shoulders. Heat crawled through him, burning for her. For her touch. For more. How far would he have gone if it weren't for the interruption?

Getting himself back under control, he grabbed her hands and removed them. Then he reached for the strings to her top and redid the knot. Tightly.

"Did you follow me?" Obsidian was already glaring before he'd even fully turned around.

Eero grinned like he'd just been given a pot of gold. His dark hair was tied back in a messy knot and he wore the same black uniform, marking his status as a Guard. Beside him stood North, the one who had cleared his throat.

"With all the noise you were making, I didn't have to follow you." Eero's gaze flitted to Lavender and he sized her up with a glint in his eyes. "So, about that threesome?"

Lavender stepped forward and she smiled. She fucking smiled at the annoying brat. As if the angel had offered her the opportunity of a lifetime. His fingers itched for a weapon. Sharing was not an option.

She looked him up and down, "Dye your wings black and I'll consider it."

Eero, who had deep plum colored wings, immediately turned to Obsidian, pointedly glancing at his black wings with raised brows, "Impeccable taste. Where did you find her?"

Lavender started to speak but he was quick to cut her off, "Forget her. She's unimportant."

His investigation was already going awry. He didn't much care if North knew about what had went down but Eero would have a fucking field day and taunt him with stupid remarks for eternity. And then his attention would shift over to the fledgling, wanting to know her.

Not going to happen because again, sharing was not an option.

That grin was back on his face as if he knew what Obsidian was thinking. "Not likely to forget such a gorgeous angel."

Recognition suddenly lit North's features. "We arrested her in Forsaken."

If Eero's eager grin got any bigger, he was going to lose it. Literally. Obsidian was going to punch it right off his face.

——————-

Author's Note - sorry for the abrupt end of this chapter, I just didn't want to make you wait eons after reading the last part :) will get the next chapter posted asap <3