Crazy For You

Beginne am Anfang

We met up with Isaiah at Camp Pendleton and Janet stayed with him while I met up with Terri; I was supposed to meet him in the cafeteria. There were a couple of Marines inside, so I thought maybe a walk would be a better option. I heard some more people coming and they had the worst vulgar English I had ever heard. I couldn't wait to see the creep that spoke like that; disappointment doesn't begin to describe my feelings as I witnessed Terri lead the pack.

He sat next to me like nothing; he didn't even notice my disgust. I didn't recognize this person and I didn't know how to go about this break up. To make matters worse, I committed the greatest mistake ever by starting out with the words that I chose.

"Terri, we need to talk."

Terri's face turned to stone. His eyes squinted and his lips pressed together hard. I suggested that we take a walk outside, but was stunned when he nodded and rudely motioned for me to continue as he took a seat.

"I don't know who you are anymore Terri. I want to be here for you but …I'm just not happy."

"So you think that the moment you are unhappy in a relationship you should just give up, because you are meant to be in a constant state of 'happiness'?" He argued.

"It's not just that, it's a few things."

"No, I get it. I know I've been distant and Ihaven't catered to you like I did before. But you will never understand what goes through my mind 24/7. I close my eyes and I see those …those…Cretans, and all I want is revenge; they're scum. I've been fighting around here for them to just send me back and kill them ALL!"

My eyes swelled as I heard him and saw the fire in his stare again. He was lost and I didn't have the strength for the both of us anymore.

"I think we need to take a break." I spoke softly a bit terrified.

"I'll do you a favor and leave now." Terri finished and got up to leave.

"Terri." I called once and then again.

He continued walking outside. I wanted to leave things better than this. It seemed that whatever I said as an explanation was a coward excuse to him. I ran after Terri and touched his arm but he swung it away.

"Just leave Brynn. Looking at you is only making me angrier."

"I'm sorry Terri." I said lowly, though I don't think he heard me. "Why are you so angry?"

"You'd never understand."

Terri saved me from my break up with Aaron, but now who would save me from my break up with Terri? I was relieved and regretful at the same time. I wanted to believe what I did was right and necessary but it didn't change my feelings. I refused to talk to anyone about it for the moment, except for Janet. She even offered to stay with me for a while, but I wanted to be alone for a while.

I must say I enjoyed having MY place; no one to bother me. Instead of showing up to work with a pitiful countenance I made sure to act like things were better than okay; It was the safest way to avoid unwanted conversations and questions. Devin on the other hand could never be fooled. And although he played along for a while he later made sure to corner me in private. Only this time I stuck to my story and said that Terri and I had ended things peaceably.

And slowly but surely I regained my strength and peace with the passing weeks. All I needed now was a new sense of inspiration.

Maybe I was starting to develop a 'wild' or 'free' spirit, but falling into a routine seemed more and more unsatisfying to me. Granted, months turned into a year and I had made quite the name for myself. My mother even challenged me to the idea of opening my own bakery in the future. With that crazy idea in mind I proceeded to further my degree in a broader culinary program; what was stopping me?